Need some help on a roll bar
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help on a roll bar

Need some help on a roll bar

Going to put a roll cage in my 33 plymouth sedan and I figure it'd be better to buy a kit. I have one friend that has a bender but he doesn't have the 1 5/8 dies, plus the tubing i can get is .125 wall thickness so it won't pass NHRA specs. I don't know if I'll ever have it certified but I'd rather know it would. Outside to outside on my main hoop needs to be 48 in, anyone got any measurements on their hot rod? I found one for a early chevy like Valls, I had a 40 coupe but can't remember how wide it was inside. The rest of the bars I can get by. I can make small bends if I need to, but 90 degrees ain't going to happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

S&W has them for several cars, 34 chevy, early novas, pintos, capris, you name it.

I can give you inside measurements for my '39, but doubt your car would be close. I'd give S&W or whoever has one a call, and simply ask them overall width, and height of the main hoop. After that the rest can be cut or tweaked if the main hoop works.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I got a deal coming from S&W race cars where you fill out all the measurements and send it back in plus a new catalog. I used to order a lot from them when I was racing door cars. I'm still going to try and find something the same width so I can price around, if Jegs had something I could go and pick it up. Shipping is crazy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vht View Post
    I got a deal coming from S&W race cars where you fill out all the measurements and send it back in plus a new catalog. I used to order a lot from them when I was racing door cars. I'm still going to try and find something the same width so I can price around, if Jegs had something I could go and pick it up. Shipping is crazy anymore.
    Especially so on a big/heavy item like a roll cage!
    Vall

Brake kit and a straight axle was $100 from Tenn to Ky!

Yeah, I had to send my disc brake kit back to Speedway because I mistakenly ordered the wrong kit, so had to pay return shipping. I got sticker shock when UPS told me the price! And then they added they wouldn't cover damage on my insurance unless I paid them extra to re-pack it too! Funny part was it was in the exact same packing UPS shipped it to me in, and not packed by UPS. Those UPS stores are rip off joints!
    Vall

Vall

do you use the USPS prepaid flat rate priority shipping boxes? I'm betting the brake kit would have fit in the large size (70 lbs), shipped for $18.30 and the post office picks it up for free.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    do you use the USPS prepaid flat rate priority shipping boxes? I'm betting the brake kit would have fit in the large size (70 lbs), shipped for $18.30 and the post office picks it up for free.
    I do use USPS flat rate boxes, and have most sizes here. But even the largest size wouldn't be large enough to put the parts in as they were in the Speedway boxes. And I figured if I unpacked them to fit in smaller boxes, they might not credit them back against the new disc brake set.
    Vall

USPS is higher than crap here. I was going to send a pair of coil over shocks back and they wanted $68 to do it, $30 on a holley carb I shipped.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements