Electric fuel pumps
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Electric fuel pumps

Electric fuel pumps

What kind of electric fuel pumps are you all running on the street? I need something that will support 550 to 600 HP, I've looked at the Quick Fuel, wondering if it's a fancier Holley, never had no luck with the Holley blue. Then I got to thinking about the Carter 4600, Carters used to last forever. Haven't done the math yet to see how many GPH I need. Trying to findething that I won't need a return, one reason I was looking at the Carter, friend of mine just had to replace his, it was 25 yrs old!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I was using a cheap Ebay electric on my Austin, which went out at about 7 yrs. A friend had a nice Mallory electric he took off a car he was selling, and I bought it for $40, and set it aside. So it went on the Austin when the cheap pump quit. The Mallory 110 series is rated 110 gph, and will easily handle 500 hp engine needs. But they're not cheap at around $260. I probably wouldn't have stepped up for it if it hadn't been s cheap used.

I personally prefer to always run mechanical fuel pumps whenever possible. No room between frame rails on my Austin, so electric was the only option. I actually converted my 1990 SBC in my '39 to a mechanical pump just to avoid using electric. Even the best electric pump wont last as long as a mechanical. There are lots of places selling 110 gph mechanical fuel pumps that are around $50-$75, and will last a lot longer.
    Vall

Thanks Vall.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Im using the Mallory 140 gpm kit with regulator included with a return line on both my cars and haven't had an issue. naturally im only 400 max if that. but i planned ahead on my build with the 140 and # 10 lines so that should work with your need.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

7. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements