Anybody looking
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody looking

Anybody looking

for a Willys project? Well, here you go!!!!!!!!!!!! What really makes it great is the free local pick up; shit, you can't beat this deal.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/willys-coup...p2056016.l4276
    Last edited by sbauman2; 05-30-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

You know something I saw that on craigslist. That’s too funny. Very bad time for me right now.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

That's actually not a bad price considering what steel Willys parts go for. And the "make offer" might make it even better. Wonder if a guy could use any other maker's roof, or pieces to try to make these parts look correct?
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

That

can't be real. An all steel body, blown hemi with injection and all the rest. He's down here in Irvine, the sister city to me so I've sent him a message that I want to look at the car.

I saw numerous others for stupid low prices at the same venue. What happened to Willys coupes that the bottom dropped out?
    Here's one for $10k.

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/1941-willys.bNwr-2kt

And another steel Willys done up as a sedan delivery with a blown SBC for under $20k!

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/1938....1Z1z1rg1-7s1M
    Vall

Vall

I'm tending to think that possibly it's the street rod style that the prices have fallen on and not so much the gasser style. For me, the photo of the Willys that is on the post that Mario put up, gasser style, is way better looking than the one where it's been lowered and made to look like a street rod. Amazing how the stance of a car can make it or break it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    I'm tending to think that possibly it's the street rod style that the prices have fallen on and not so much the gasser style. For me, the photo of the Willys that is on the post that Mario put up, gasser style, is way better looking than the one where it's been lowered and made to look like a street rod. Amazing how the stance of a car can make it or break it.
    I completely agree Steve! But I look at the street rod at $10k and think how easy and cheap it would be for most of us who build to change it. And we could sell those tires and wheels to recoup some funds. Might even get some money from the Chris Alston front suspension too!
    Of course I'd install a drop axle up front, and change to better tire/wheel combo all around. A face lift that would make a night and day difference, and own a traditional Willys gasser for very little. And not have to do paint and interior either!
    Vall

A+++++++11111111
    Mario

Thought

I'd share. Heard back from the seller. If anyone is interested in contacting him I highlighted his personal email in red. The ad from the hyper link that Mario posted is no longer up.

Re: New message for your ad 1941 Willys Coupe Back to Messages

From: Frank Wilson <[email protected]> Add to Contacts | Invite Sender | Block SenderFull Header
    To:[email protected]
    Sent: Wed, Jun 10, 2020 09:58 AM

Hi there, I'm sorry for this late reply but I had no chance to access my email. I worked up to 15 hours. The vehicle is still for sale and you can buy it for $27,400. The vehicle is being sold as described, clear title, no mechanical or electrical issues, never damaged in an accident, flood, or fire. I was deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home and I won't return until November 2020.
    If you want to find out more details about how we can close up this deal or if you want more pictures, do not hesitate to contact me and I will respond at my earliest convenience.

Gen. Frank Wilson
    United States Army Recruiting in Afghanistan

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements