Corona virus - Page 5
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Just got back from Fred's in the nearest town to me...traffic was light but not empty like the media portray's it...store selves where empty of all the stuff you should not eat to stay healthy...the vegetable and meat areas where stocked full...more than the usual...and I got every thing I normally eat.....yummmmm black berries...on my way out the fast food places where jam packed with cars going thru the drive thru...this a boom for them....I wonder how many new life time customers they will reel in....off of this
    Lash

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Fast food wont be getting my money since I can't eat that stuff even if there was no quarantine. But I sure wish we could find things like dried noodles, or Ramen at our local stores. Little store down the street has Ramen, but they charge .50 cents a piece when it's .17-.20 cents at big stores. We just have to pay up if we need it.
    Vall

Then you have a holes like this. this is for one bottle https://www.ebay.com/itm/one-bottle-....c100005.m1851
    Last edited by Road Angels; 03-26-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Lash

unbelievable. thats a crime if ever was one.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

It looks like New York is below 100 deaths per day. isn't that crazy to even be typing that. Phase 1 starts monday next week. I still don't know if Im heading back to work yet. We are way down on the charts and lower than it started. Did anyone see south america covid map. They are loaded down there. Borders are closed for sure.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

You're ahead of Portland Mario! Our county is the only county in the state that hasn't even applied to reopen under phase 1 and they said it wont likely be open until June 12. Every other county has applied and been granted reopening for weeks now.
    But we had another outbreak at a fruit packing plant here this week! The plant brought in 350 seasonal workers from out of state. All Latinos from the SW, and along with them came 119 confirmed cases of covid 19. It seems to every normal person that bringing in workers from out of state at this time should either be banned, or require testing before they all travel together on buses and vans!? Heck, we can't even go boat together on a lake yet, so how do they carpool a group like that into our county?
    Vall

I think

there's another virus that's infecting people; the rob & burn to the ground your own cities virus; and afterwards they'll wonder why no businesses want to open in their town. I remember after the second Watts Riots in LA, Magic Johnson, with his own money, opened a super market in the community because none of the major chains wanted to. He ended up having to close it within the first year because of the shoplifting. Jesus, talk about biting the hand that feeds you............
    Last edited by sbauman2; 05-29-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

The situation in Minnesota is sad, and nobody deserves to die that way. But these idiots using his death to loot, riot, pillage, and do harm to others is total BS! They could care less about the man dying. It's just another excuse to steal, and riot. And it appears others are carrying on the same stupid crap in other cities too!
    Vall

For California

members and possibly members in other states. A few weeks back a friend made me aware of the California unemployment benefits available as a result of the corona virus even if you're self employed such as myself. I went on line at https://portal.edd.ca.gov/WebApp/Log...FWebApp%2FHome and filed a claim about 2 1/2-3 weeks ago. In todays mail I got the claim forms for 12 weeks, the first one from March 6. The checks are supposed to be mailed out in about 10 working days. The claim is good until this coming December 20. I hope this information is helpful to other members.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Oh boy! Well now you can't work, even if you wanted to, or risk losing the unemployment!

I had another corona virus test yesterday, required before my hernia surgery Friday. Got results back this morning, and once again I passed without even studying!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements