What the
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: What the

What the

Hell is up with this front axle...???https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Chevro...UAAOSwYA5eGMvE
    Lash

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

It appears to be a dropped tube axle that someone decided it wasn't strong enough, so they added a crap load of extra steel to box it. Or maybe they narrowed it to fit the Nova and then did all this extra metal to make it withstand Dukes of Hazard type jumps? Uglier than sin, and I'd replace it if I owned the car as fast as I could!
    Vall

I figured that the axle bent and he crapped it back together...looking at it more closely and seeing where the spring plates are welded on ...way out board, it maybe that he tried to make a way short axle work, it looks like a T bucket axle witch is way to light duty for the Mustang...nothing like an I beam
    Last edited by Road Angels; 01-16-2020 at 02:36 AM.
    Lash

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Didn't think about he might have widened it? That's certainly another possibility. But regardless of why he did it, it sure seems like a huge amount of work for the small savings. (if any savings?)
    Vall

7. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements