Gasser's do not exist
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Gasser's do not exist

Gasser's do not exist

What would you build...me... some thing with a chopped top for sure... a big ass engine ... low to the ground... maybe a Studebaker speedster as a salt flats car...lots of louvers...and holes.... yea that would be fun..http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/195-s...ad-race-car-4/
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Lash,

this is the only non-gasser photo, litho or painting that I have. A buddy gave it to me years ago. I believe he got it from the 'Stupidbaker Racing' booth. It's such a bitchin car I had to frame it and hang it on the wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2334.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	102017
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

must be very aerodynamic right?
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I've always loved the body style of that era Studebaker. Even as a gasser they're cool, but if I owned one it would be down low and stealthy looking.
    Vall

Steve I have loved that one for quite some time
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Senior Member Marks63PontiacGasser's Avatar
    Hi Lash. I guess my perfect car is a '57 Chevy gasser, Being a Pontiac guy I have always desired to build a '57 Pontiac Gasser. I owned a '57 Pontiac back in 1974, pink and white. But I didn't have a pot to poop in so I could not do much with it. I managed to take the front sheet metal off, bolt it all together and tilt it but never got any farther. Sold it across the street to a pair of twin 16 year old boys. I moved soon after that and never saw it again. I'd gove both left testicales to get it back, lol. I also wanted to build a '59 to '64 Catalina Gasser and now I have my '63. So I'm very happy with that. (For now---heh)

OOPs sorry. Just realised it could not be a gasser sooooo. A'61-62 full on road race Tempest. Built like the old IMSA cars with the widebody fenders and big honkin' rear wing and drop down full earo. Like the IMSA chevy Monza's.
    Last edited by Marks63PontiacGasser; 01-06-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    It's not a period gasser but it is what I would have built had I been of age to back then.

Yesterday I was so far behind that the guy in front of me was me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marks63PontiacGasser View Post
    Hi Lash. I guess my perfect car is a '57 Chevy gasser, Being a Pontiac guy I have always desired to build a '57 Pontiac Gasser. I owned a '57 Pontiac back in 1974, pink and white. But I didn't have a pot to poop in so I could not do much with it. I managed to take the front sheet metal off, bolt it all together and tilt it but never got any farther. Sold it across the street to a pair of twin 16 year old boys. I moved soon after that and never saw it again. I'd gove both left testicales to get it back, lol. I also wanted to build a '59 to '64 Catalina Gasser and now I have my '63. So I'm very happy with that. (For now---heh)

OOPs sorry. Just realised it could not be a gasser sooooo. A'61-62 full on road race Tempest. Built like the old IMSA cars with the widebody fenders and big honkin' rear wing and drop down full earo. Like the IMSA chevy Monza's.
    Hey Mark, you might enjoy this picture:

http://www.pdxcarculture.com/Portals...8/DSC_3226.jpg

This Pontiac gasser belongs to a friend of mine, and fellow car club member. It's been in his family since it was new! His grandfather bought it new, and his grandmother sold it to my friend when he was in high school in the 60's. It's still Pontiac powered by a 428 Super Duty.
    I constantly give him crap about the '55 Chevy grille, especially since he's got a correct grille that's perfect!
    Vall

Senior Member Marks63PontiacGasser's Avatar
    Love that thing. Yeah the grille is not proper (lol) but I would run it completely without a grille and bob the front fenders to that body line up under the headlights. They didn't make a 428 Super Duty block but you could build a bored 421 Super Duty block, or build all the Super Duty equipment and internals on a 428 block. You'd have an identical power output with just a little bit weaker block. But more than strong enough to handle everything but all out power. Would still handle 800-900 HP. Studying the pic further I see a 421 emblem on the fender so if it was built back when, it is probably a true 421 Super Duty. The Holly Grail of Pontiac-dom.
    I had a 2 DR HT '57 Chieftain back in 1974-76 with intentions of building a gasser. I did get the front sheet metal bolted together and tilted but the rest of the car was still stock. I got a great deal on my first 1963 Catalina 421 HO that was an ex-strip car. So I sold the '57 to the twin 16 year old twin boys across the street from me. My leg leg still hurts from me kicking myself in the arse. LOL. Thanks for that pic Vall. I'd love to own that thing. Curious. What is the trans and rear end in it now?
    It's not a period gasser but it is what I would have built had I been of age to back then.

Yesterday I was so far behind that the guy in front of me was me!

Hey Marcus Beenawayfromus, we missed you. Welcome home brother!
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

My mistake Mark! It is indeed a 421 SD, not 428. I believe it's been bored and stroked also, so not sure of the c.i. now? The engine is a fairly new build, but a block he had for a long time before the build. He was telling me he's contemplating going to the Pontiac 350 heads because they have some features that work better on big inch blocks???
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements