Gasser HotRod Forums banner

The list

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Road Angels 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any Gasser Hot Rod parts on that Christmas LIST????????

#4 ·
Some friends came by today and naturally we talked about gassers and the question was brought up if I was happy with my unfinish gasser??? If I can get mine done without obstacles, I'll be happy. I've owned it a very long time and don't know of anything I would trade it or sell it.

I'm looking forward to Christmas morning. I will be awaken early. Like most gifts under the tree simple and minimal. I want a rechargeable power tool batteries on the top of my list.

#5 · (Edited)
Hey Rik

I obviously don't know what brand cordless tools you have but here is my history. My first, back in 1988, was a Craftsman so called "industrial" rated 12 volt drill, completely worthless; I think I sold it on ebay for about $30. Next, I was walking through Price Club one day and they had a Makita 14 volt that lasted quite some time but as with most cordless tools the batteries were really expensive; just the same though after several years I purchased 2 new ones because the tool was really a quality piece but I ended up selling it on ebay also. Next up were a couple Dewalt tools, great tools but the batteries were worthless. With my handyman business I rely on and use them everyday so I need something dependable which the Dewalts weren't so onto ebay they went; what to do. 15 years ago I was in Home Depot and they had a set of Ridgid 18 volt tools on sale; a 1/2" reversable hammer drill, recipricating saw, 6" circular saw, flash light, 2 batteries, charger and a carrying bag for I think it was $280. The great thing was they came with a lifetime warranty that includes the batteries. About a year later I bought a second 18 volt 1/2" non hammer drill that came with 2 batteries and a charger so now I had 4 batteries and I just recently purchased an 18 volt 1/2" impact gun (tool only since I already have batteries) that just zaps lug nuts off. In the years I've owned these tools I've had all the batteries replaced 3 times, for free. To me you can't beat that and I might add that I've never had a single problem with any of the tools and I use the hell out of them.

#6 ·
Ditto on the Ridged tools I had there bench saw... was really good and well made...sold it when I finished my home projects...got damn near what I paid for it... have there standard drill... and the the drill bits they sell are some of the best...I prefer plug in stuff my self

#7 ·
As long as we're talking cordless drills. A couple years ago my Porter Cable kit began to have it's batteries go south. Couldn't keep them charged at all. I bought a pair of "factory reconditioned" batteries, and thye didn't last long before going bad too.
I was complaining to whoever listened and my wife took pity on me. Out of the blue she comes home with a set of hammer drill, and regular drill, with two 20v. lithium batteries and a charger. But in a brand I'd never heard of, Greenline. I of course was suspicious, and apprehensive as to quality, so did some checking. I found that Greenline had been heavy into battery powered yard and garden tools, and in recent years got into drills, etc. too. The set came from Costco, so I figured they weren't junk, but still leery.
Over the last couple years I've used the heck out of both the drill and hammer drill, and they've been better than the DeWalts, Milwaukie, and others I used during all my years working commercially, and since retiring. And considering they cost $80 for the set at Costco, I was very surprised. I'd buy them again if I ever wear them out!

#9 ·
6 years ago when we moved out of California, I needed to modify the moving truck I rented. I was at Home Depot and they had their Ridgid brand battery powered tools on sale and I picked up a set that included a drill and an impact. I used the hell out of both of them during the move and a long time after. I used it to build a loft over my '55 Chevy in my garage and they never let me down. I built another loft in my sons shop and another set of storage shelves in my own garage. Last year at Christmas, I bought another set that included free batteries and a free tool. I got the plunge router as my extra free tool. These things are very powerful and the battery charges goes a long way. I am very happy with my sets. As info, Ridgid is owned by Home Depot too.

#11 ·
I just bought my third set of Ridgid power tools this weekend. I was going to buy two more batteries at Home Depot, but for $20.00 more, you could buy the 2 piece kit with two new batteries anyway!> No brainer! Then, my wife said, "just go ahead and put the extra batteries in the basket and get it all"! Not sure what she is up too, but I know I will pay dearly for this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.