Not a
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Not a

Not a

good day for car magazine enthusiasts. I remember I think I was in the 10th grade in 65 when Car Craft came out. There was an introductory price of I think $5 for a one year subscription that I sent in..............

https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-...Qqc2kZhwVVP1x0
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Not surprising in this age of electronic information. Most people don't even care about printed magazines anymore. I've had a subscription to Hot Rod for decades, and it's had good eras, and horrible eras. Now it's just Ok, but not great. Not sure if I'll renew once it runs out in a year or so.
    Vall

Thatís a shame. Digital products have changed peoples lives and ended peoples livelihoods. Happened to me. If I hadnít done something about it in the 90ís I would have been outta work. I worked in the print industry all my life. Iím at the tale end of the road now.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 12-07-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I get all the free car mags from a friend who races hydro planes..I even get free Gasser magazine...some months are great others are just ok
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

They have hot rod deluxe on the list. Too bad. That mag had all the gassers in it.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

There used to be real tech articles in car magazines. The last many years they have just reprinted the install instructions of their advertisers products.
    Gary

I had already not renewed my subscription to Street Rodder. #1 It was no longer full of street rods - they should have renamed it Show Rodder. #2 They got carried away with doing photo shoots using background drapes - it made the cars look kind of phony. #3 Some months there were more pictures of street rods in the ads then seemed to be featured in the magazine. #4 As for the paper weight of the pages - it was as thin as you could get. #4 As for the show rods, they all had the same basic look where the interiors look like something out of a new Buick (nothing against Buicks mind you). NEXT Hot Rod Deluxe was overpriced - they try to gouge you for buying their best magazine. In closing they charged advertisers a lot of money - poor companies would need to sell a lot of product just to break even on the cost of the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by PureOil View Post
    I had already not renewed my subscription to Street Rodder. #1 It was no longer full of street rods - they should have renamed it Show Rodder. #2 They got carried away with doing photo shoots using background drapes - it made the cars look kind of phony. #3 Some months there were more pictures of street rods in the ads then seemed to be featured in the magazine. #4 As for the paper weight of the pages - it was as thin as you could get. #4 As for the show rods, they all had the same basic look where the interiors look like something out of a new Buick (nothing against Buicks mind you). NEXT Hot Rod Deluxe was overpriced - they try to gouge you for buying their best magazine. In closing they charged advertisers a lot of money - poor companies would need to sell a lot of product just to break even on the cost of the ad.

I agree. I ordered hot rod deluxe at a sale price and renewal made my head spin. Never ordered it again.
    Mario

11. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements