Hmmmmmmm
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm

This is a type of set up I've never seen before. They've taken an 8 port Kinsler injection set up and mounted it to what seems to be some type of an adaptor that gets bolted to a tunnel port manifold for a SOHC motor. Has anybody ever seen this type set up; fuel injection sitting on a regular manifold instead of a blower. I'm also curious about the non stock holes drilled into the intake runners, for nitrous maybe from a prior installation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-SOHC-4...e596%7Ciid%3A1

These are photos of a SOHC blower manifold Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOHC blower manifold 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	101833 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOHC blower manifold 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	101835
    Last edited by sbauman2; 12-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Nope, never seen anything like it? And I wonder if it ever ran, or if it ran well? Crazy price, but I guess anything for a SOHC is crazy priced.
    Vall

I never saw it either. Pretty cool setup. I agree about being pricey.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

If you ran a Cammer back in the days you had to make up a lot of your own stuff... there was little drag racing equipment made by after market manufacturers for that bad ass engine...motor was for going round & round...I remember an Open Altered running a set up like this
    Lash

Was

it also a SOHC motor and if you remember, how'd it run.

Steve it was many moons ago at Fremont drag strip in Cali. it was about the time PURE HELL was doing the circuit...i remember it was black with a Fiat open body...other than that the rest has faded into father time
    Lash

Pure Hell and Pure Heaven are both still around and still racing! I watched them both make exhibition runs at Eagle Field a few years back. They run nostalgia events now.
    Vall

the way it was...http://www.sohc-shop.com/ check out the gas station pic at the bottom of page
    Lash

The guys that run these engines have abyss pockets! I think Ford makes repos of every thing. I know they do of the cross bolt main block, or they did not long ago.
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

Thanks

for this post Lash; I don't believe I've ever seen more SOHC motors in one article. I can't help but experience a bit of deja vu when looking at this photo reminding me of my days working at a Standard Station. The post mounted cash box with the credit card slider and the S&H Green Stamps dispenser mounted above it, the window cleaner squeeze bottle (pre squeegee days) the service bell hose on the apron, all that stuff. I love how they have a California plate sitting in front of the motor. Even back then I don't believe you could register a vehicle with out head and tail lights but especially a vin number. The only thing I see wrong is the pump they're using in the photo, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0917.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	101847 the regular grade gas. If you guys remember, the white pump was the 'Custom Supreme' which I think was up around 105 octane.
    In those days it was; " Hi, welcome to Standrd Stations may I fill your tank today and would you like your oil, water and tire pressure checked today. All that for $2.05 an hour but then that was in 1968, I was 19, and since it was a Standard Station (corporate owned) and not a Chevron Dealer Station (franchise) or other brand I was earing $.20 an hour more than my buddies working at those other stations. Those were the days.............

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements