Anyone have issues with Ecklers?
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Anyone have issues with Ecklers?

Anyone have issues with Ecklers?

I purchased a radiator shroud from Ecklers back in the first week of November. I got the shroud and it was apparently a "used" one someone had tried to put on and scratched it all up and the antifreeze had corroded the aluminum and it was a disaster. I contacted them and they had me send photos because they said it was NOT used. I sent the photos and they told me to send it back for a refund. I did that on the 20th of November. They said once they got it, they would give me a full refund. They got it 3 days later. Today is November 30th and I STILL have no refund and now, I don't even have the "used" shroud! I need my radiator shroud. They said they looked at the ones on their shelf and from my photos, mine has less damage!?! I told them if that was the case, they needed to find another vendor!

Question: Will I get my money back or what do you think I should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately

your story seems to becomming more and more frequent with customer service every where. I know how much it pisses me off that merchants take their sweet ass time when it comes to refunds and most of the time you get told it might take up to 3-4 weeks for a refund to appear in your bank account. Ecklers does seem to have a good reputation so you may have to be patient for a couple weeks; good luck. Nothing says you can't call them every week to check on the status of your refund though.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 12-06-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Don't wait too long if you purchased it by credit card to file a claim with the credit card company. You only have 45 days to dispute the charge and then you're out of luck. I'd begin the process to dispute the charge now, and explain to the credit card company what happened.
    Their comment that all their shrouds look worse than the one you sent back is thin, and total BS. I doubt they'd accept beat up or used shrouds from any vendor.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

This was most likely a third party seller on the shroud. They don’t have any control over quality and generally wait for your feedback as to what it looks like. Online sellers are doing this more and more. Returns although promised take red tape as the third party is already committed. Hope you get it worked out. Be patient as some refunds are done at the 30 day mark. This happened to me with an ebay seller on a radiator I bought.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Well, today is December 7th and I just noticed that a refund was issued to my bank account on December 5th. This shroud was purchased on November 1st. I paid a total of $153.45 for the shroud with tax. However, after getting such a defective, used part and having to return it and have nothing, my refund was for only $117.46. That a difference of $35.99. Why? I did not get what I ordered and I did not get a full refund. Instead, I had to wait for over 5 weeks, got a bad, defective part, had to ship it back and wait to get a PARTIAL refund? Is this how Ecklers does business? Send defective parts, charges for them, has to have then returned for shoddy workmanship and THEY FEEL THAT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO KEEP PART OF THE MONEY?? WHY? Yeah, ECKLERS is not going to get my business or my money EVER again and I am going to let the rest of my friends know about this shoddy business practice! What do you guys think about this turn of events?

I *think* I have been patient long enough. Yeah, they take all of 30 seconds to GET your money, and now it has taken me 5 weeks to get a PARTIAL refund. I am not a happy camper! No part and only PART of my money to purchase another one somewhere else.

As I said previously, I'd dispute it with my credit card company. I wouldn't take anything less than all my money back. That's total crap.
    Vall

10. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements