Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1951 Pontiac business coupe

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Marks63PontiacGasser 
#1 ·
I am just getting started on a 51 Pontiac coupe to be powered by a 462" Pontiac. As both ankles are fused from a military injury and I wont be racing under SEGA rules, I live in the Pacific NW, I will be using a TH 400. I had removed the front suspension and started mocking up the springs and axle when I ran into heart issues so am stopped for a little while. I will post some pics of what I have done so far when I can figure out how to do that. I don't see an icon to post pictures.

#2 ·
Cool, a Pontiac build

It'll be fun watching your Poncho build; so glad you're not taking the "put a Chevy in it" route. I'm sure Vall will chime in on the photo posts but it's my understanding that a new member needs 10 posts before being able to post photos. As for a photo icon we have something else. Above the message box you'll see several different icons. To post a photo you use the icon that looks like a picture frame, it should be directly to the left of the film strip icon. We all love photos on this site so I'm sure we'll all be waiting on yours. As far as progress on your car goes hey, it takes as long as it takes.

#7 ·
It'll be fun watching your Poncho build; so glad you're not taking the "put a Chevy in it" route. I'm sure Vall will chime in on the photo posts but it's my understanding that a new member needs 10 posts before being able to post photos. As for a photo icon we have something else. Above the message box you'll see several different icons. To post a photo you use the icon that looks like a picture frame, it should be directly to the left of the film strip icon. We all love photos on this site so I'm sure we'll all be waiting on yours. As far as progress on your car goes hey, it takes as long as it takes.
I have 7 Pontiacs of various years and types. If it came with a Pontiac it will remain Pontiac powered. Only my newer daily driver is something I cant change. I could but thats above my paygrade. Thanks for the info and yes Vall did provide me with more info and also he is local to me.

#8 ·
A man after my own Pontiac heart. Take care of your heart though. We want to see you progress and be successful with your car. Fantastic amount of experience in this forum to bounce ideas and thoughts off of. But I saw your other later post and it looks like you have a lot of experience yourself. You are a great addition to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.