Hello from North Alabama
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from North Alabama

Hello from North Alabama

I’m new to the website. Building a 1966 Chevelle SS. 489 stroker big block, Richmond super street 5 speed. I hope to have it finished by spring! Putting the finishing touches on it now. Changing gremlins to!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to

the site!! So, a 66 Chevelle, nice. Which road you going down, gasser or hot rod? Don't see to many 66-67 Chevelles with straight axles but I think it'd be a great look myself and definitely set you apart from the pack. Which ever though, gasser or hot rod, everyone here loves photos and build updates. Hope to see you start a build thread on the Project Update page and don't be a stranger.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see pics of your 66. We love pics and videos.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Welcome from Minnesota! Love to see pics.
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

'66 Chevelle gasser sounds very cool! Welcome to the forum!
    Vall

Most Chevelle's were done with coil overs. Not SEGA aproverd.
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

What's with the constant reference to what SEGA approves? You do know their rules don't match the real NHRA rules back then?
    Vall

Sega

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    What's with the constant reference to what SEGA approves? You do know their rules don't match the real NHRA rules back then?
    I had a Sega game once I sold it...now I hear its worth a few bucks.............and Welcome aboard look forward to seeing your progress
    Lash

Hey Vall

I believe I remember an old adage from when I was a kid that I think pretty much covers the SEGA governing body and that's: "my ball, my rules"; I'm sure you probably remember it too. That's what was once so nice about drag racing decades ago; you had a choice. The NHRA, the AHRA and the UDRA just to name a few. When the NHRA came out with their 3 "professional" classes; top fuel, funny car, pro stock and kicked the gas class to the curb they lost me as a member and supporter. The other thing I really thought was bull shit was when bracket racing was initiated. I mean what was the point when guys had a 10 second car and were running on a 10.30 or higher dial in and back pedaling on the top end, all that did was pervert the sport. But then it's really no different than guys running in super gas today with cars that are quite capable of running in the high 8s but are running on a 9.90 index and hope that their 2 or 3 step box wins the race for them.
    Remember when racing and boobs were real? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blown Hell 3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	101733 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gasser Girl 'Jungle Pam'.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	101735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willys Pick Up 16.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	101737
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

I agree Steve. But SEGA is a small segment of today's Gas class type cars, and what they do down in the SE isn't representative of the rest of the USA, nor representative of what the 1967 rules were. So worrying about whether a car meets SEGA rules isn't worth the time unless the owner plans to run SEGA races.
    Both of my gassers wont meet SEGA rules, and i could care less. It's a long drive from Oregon to their track, so I wont lose sleep over running an automatic, or coilovers.
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements