Don't know
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know

Don't know

what the reserve could be but for the right price this could be a cool retro piece for some bodies project using a turbo 350 or even just a change from the now normal cable shifter. I may go ahead and bid because I think it would look cool in my Willys or 53.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hur...p2056016.l4276
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

That buy it now is an indicator that bids will rise truthfully or not. I bet the bids stack right after you bid. But if I’m wrong great I hope you get it.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

That's the kind of shifter I wanted for my '39 before giving up and making my own.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

UH OH! Price going up Quick!
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

I figured

the bidding would probably get rather high and if it hits $290-$300 I imagine someone will hit the buy it now window. When I started thinking about it I thought would it be a cool piece of equipment, hell yes. Then I thought so what would I do with the B&M Pro Stick shifter I have; try to sell it for a huge loss on ebay and said screw it. For once it seems as if common sense has saved me from myself but then since my house insurance, vehicles (5 of them) insurance and my first property insurance payment are all due I can't really justify the cost of something I don't really need.

Steve, yes its a cool piece but the price is not justifiable. Any time bidding goes up with five days left you know the seller is stacking. Look at the id's of the bidders. He has no intention of getting less than the buy it now. Those id's are usually the imposter bidders to jack up the price so they get people to join in who really want the item. Best way to deal with that situation is wait till 4 seconds left on the auction and bid what you want to pay max for the item. You put up two browser windows. One to fire the bid button and one to watch the countdown to 4 seconds left. When you fire away at the 4 seconds left no one else can out bid you at that point. It was my method of beating the dishonest sellers if I really wanted the item. It works trust me.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Mario, could you tell me how you determine the "ID" of the bidders? I can't look at them and figure out anything? Are they fake bidders? And if so how can one tell?
    Vall

When on your computer near the bid prices there is a bids line to click on and it will show you who bid and how many times they bid in order. Anyone with this type of name “a***3” may or may not be legit. You will see these names stacking bids all the time on auctions early. I doubt they’re legit. When I get home I can screen shot it for you.
    Mario

Mario & Vall

Ebay came up with that system to prevent buyers from contacting each other. If you remember years ago the bidding history would show the bidders ebay ID which in turn would allow anyone to contact them directly through ebay. Evidently ebay was losing a lot of money by sellers and buyers making deals outside of ebay. They've also developed some protocol that can determine if you're trying to include personal information in any communication with a seller. This is not to say that a seller isn't using friends to bid on an item to raise the bid amount but then a seller runs the risk of a real bidder not bidding because the price has gotten to high and the seller is stuck with the friends bid being the last at the end of the auction. I've taken to just entering the max I'm willing to pay for an item and if the bidding goes over that, oh well..........

That’s the best way to do it and do it at the end of the bidding. I used to see people bidding with a week to go. That only lets the seller stack along the way till it’s over.
    Mario

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements