What's with these Ebay "Make Offer" idiots?
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: What's with these Ebay "Make Offer" idiots?

What's with these Ebay "Make Offer" idiots?

Am I the only one who's pissed off at these "Make Offer" auctions on Ebay? I can't tell you how many times some clown has had a "buy it now" or "make offer" and I made an offer only to have the seller respond with their "counter offer" for the exact same price as their "buy it now" offer!
    Or in some cases their item is $50-$60 dollars, and you make a offer of $5 less and their counter is $1 less than the buy it now.
    It pisses me off enough that I usually look for another seller that might even be higher priced, and buy from them. Just don't want to give my money to some jerk with a fake "make offer" listing.
    My latest was a FAST electronic points conversion for the early Chevy distributors. I offered $55 for his $63 kit, and he countered with......$63. Figured maybe he'd at least counter halfway at $59. I went to another seller and paid $64. Screw these guys.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Well my experience has been good with make offers. If something is 20 I offer like 17 and including the shipping. Usually it works but what I buy may be small ticket item compared to yours. I also sometimes buy 2 for 5 dollars less each. In your case Vall I would be pissed too.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 11-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

All over the place as far as pricing goes on what I've bought Mario. Sometimes $10-$12, and sometimes much more. I have had some offers accepted, but it's the counter offers of the same as buy it now that tick me off. A counter on a make offer ought to be something less than the buy it now price, or you're not accepting offers. So no reason to have the make offer feature on a sale.
    Just ranting because this all makes no sense to me.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I think

you're right on the term "idiot" Vall. Maybe they're not reading all the options on the make offer page. There is a box that allows you to fill in the least bid you will accept. If someone bids lower than that the bidder gets an immediate "offer not accepted" response and a bid again message of which you get a total of three.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Here’s how I go into it. I shop and see an item. I see similar pricing and then I see it at an auction with make an offer. If the seller has positive feedback record I make a An offer but reasonable enough to not make the seller turn their nose up. If they go for it fine if they don’t and come back with higher I walk just like you. Unless I’m desperate for the item. Then I gotta do what’s I gotsta do. Lol
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I try to avoid E-junk.com ..had to many bad sellers....hope you got one of the Fast units that was made by Crane and not one from the people who bought it out from Crane....
    Lash

No idea whose FAST unit I got Lash, but it says "lifetime warranty" for whatever that's worth.

I usually wont offer less than 10% below their price, unless it's a $10-$15 item, and I might go a couple bucks lower.
    Vall

10. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements