Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Are Willys Rare

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  manicmechanic 
#1 ·
Buy looking on ebay and seeing that there are 27 listings for hot rod Willys of various years I think not ...this includes plastic ones witch account for the majority, and two stock...

#2 ·
So the steel ones are rare then right? Something not right about a plastic car. I guess it depends on your wallet. And what you’re comfortable with. I guess I wouldn’t turn it down if you gave me one Lash. Lol

#3 ·
Mario is right. The plastic Willys are probably more plentiful than steel. Not many steel Willys survived the ages, and drag racing use. Even a horribly rusted steel Willys is worth saving, and I've seen rusty Willys saved that if they were any other make would be scrapped out.

#5 ·
Another Willys owner that thinks his car is worth way more than it is...they make new all steel early mustang fast backs as well ass a few others...how long do you think it will be before some one makes a replica all steel Willys...not original you say....but really when your ride is sitting at the car show how many people know the difference...maybe one...it is just getting stupid what people will spend...just to die and have there kids sell it off for cheap cause they are stupid...for some one like Leno it makes since...but for us street guys and drivers it is just a waste

#6 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Yes they've been reproducing so many Willys body parts that one wouldn't have much to do to put it all together into a full steel car! We've got a guy here in town whose been building one off steel Willys coupes for years. He gets huge bucks for them when he finishes.

#8 ·
So let's see

A steel bodied 41 Willys, a blown Hemi with electronic Hilborn injection, a Muncie M22 rock crusher 4 gear with a Hurst competition plus shifter, a Ford 9" with a Detroit locker and 4:56 gears talk about the ultimate Gasser Hot Rod. The only thing missing would be Linda Vaughn in her prime riding shot gun.................

#9 ·
What happened to Austin and Anglia? Oh. I forgot Prefect. And Morris. Cleaned the Willys clock in AA/G after the '67 rule changes. Also doing it before in A,B, and C Gas. My car and Vall's is TEN times more rare than a Willys. But my style having more fame than Vall's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.