Good day eh
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Good day eh

Good day eh

Hello new to the forum, about to start my first Gasser. It is a 62 Pontiac Tempest. I have restored a 63 Pontiac Lemans for my wife and a hot rod build 63 Lemans for myself. Walking around car shows there are very few cars with their noses in the air here in Canada, not one to follow I thought why not spend too much money and build a 62 I had kicking around into a gasser. I no doubt will have a few questions along the way and am grateful for a place to ask them.

Heath Bullock
    Ontario, Canada

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the Gasser forum! Those early 60's Tempests are very cool cars! Can't wait to see your build!
    Vall

Welcome. Have a soft spot the little Tempests. Just hope you use a REAL Poncho motor [421], NOT a Canadian [chebbie]. Remember a guy that ran an A/FX in the shitcago area. '63 Tempest called "Savage". Then went to AA/G with a blown injected 421. Almost bought the car in the '70's. But enough about my memories. Get pix going! Need to look at something, since mine has stalled.
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

But in Canada a "real motor" isn't a Poncho; it is a Chevy!
    Vall

BLAH!
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

Ignore Vall...he likes to poke the bear with a stick...every one knows the distributor belongs on the front of the engine................lol welcome aboard look forward to seeing your build
    Lash

Who wants to see the distributor and plug wires up front messing up a nice engine bay?
    Vall

Personally

I love lifting the hood of my 53 and seeing that bad ass Vertex magneto sitting there front and center on that big block Ford!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    I love lifting the hood of my 53 and seeing that bad ass Vertex magneto sitting there front and center on that big block Ford!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you've got a cool Vertex magneto you definitely want it front and center for all to see!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements