Gasser HotRod Forums banner

2020 Forum Members Gasser Calendar

33K views 235 replies 12 participants last post by  Road Angels 
#1 ·
We made a great calendar for 2019 in a heated rush last December.
How many members would like to do it again??? Please respond to this thread
and ask any questions you need to get it done. This calendar is not a money making exercise.
This is something I would like to put together for all of us who would like to see their gasser or Hotrod
on the wall wherever they may be hanging. For me it’s at work. Let me know that you are interested and I can start planning it. In December the printers will run a holiday sale and we can all benefit again.

#198 ·
ZZZZZZZZZ......ZZZZZZZZZZZ.........what da...... what happened....... who woke me??????? Oh no its July and I slept thru July EVE.........Ok let me back peddle a bit. First thanks to someone setting the alarm clock for me. You have to excuse me. Im working from home and Im all screwed up. Calendar just isn't right in front of me at home.

Here yee, Here yee, Now presenting the month of July Gasser..............now turn the page please.... oh right im late. I will turn the page.
Font Triangle Slope Logo Automotive exterior

Anthony Lapolla's 1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight. Talk about a unique and authentic build. Check out the perfect stance. Tony is a stickler for details on his build. Turns out his car is original from his home town. From stock to gasser its still at home. Just the name Stude A Shaker alone shows his dedication to old school gasser race cars. With a 327 cu in. Chevy with double hump heads sporting an M21 4-speed wearing a Hurst Ram Rod Shifter, Old school ladder bars, and Old stock Torque Thrust wheels with Firestone cheater slicks Tony gets the job done on the straight aways with 2 lane blacktop. Paint and graphics???? What can I say, he does it all authentically correct. Congrats Tony on a beautiful build my friend.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

PS thank you Steve.........you know what I mean,........

#200 ·
Anthony Lapolla's 1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight. Talk about a unique and authentic build. Check out the perfect stance. Tony is a stickler for details on his build. Turns out his car is original from his home town. From stock to gasser its still at home. Just the name Stude A Shaker alone shows his dedication to old school gasser race cars. With a 327 cu in. Chevy with double hump heads sporting an M21 4-speed wearing a Hurst Ram Rod Shifter, Old school ladder bars, and Old stock Torque Thrust wheels with Firestone cheater slicks Tony gets the job done on the straight aways with 2 lane blacktop. Paint and graphics???? What can I say, he does it all authentically correct. Congrats Tony on a beautiful build my friend.

View attachment 103205

WOW, that is quite a compliment! Especially coming from you.
Thank you so much!
I know that I have always loved gassers. Unfortunately I was born a few years too late to experience this time period.
Once I started learning about why they came about and how they evolved over the years, I became even more interested in building one to the early '60's period.
Building this car was so much fun, and it definitely is the most fun to drive.

#202 · (Edited)
Well whatta ya know, another month has gone by. Man has it been flying this year. Up next is an awesome Pick up truck gasser built by Steve Bauman and there is none more gasser than a 40 Willys Pick Up. He took this steel cab Willys project with a bitch'n 283 tunnel ram, featuring a Mutha Thumpa cam that will pound your heart away, from a pile of project parts to a real cool street strip flash back in time 40 Willys. Left in red oxide primer this flash back in time has an authenticity that Steve has loved from way back when gassers rulled the drag strips. This original frame Willys has been dressed up with Slots and skinnies up front and five spoke thrust style out the back on huge Cheater Slicks. All points to one thing. Its burnout time. And Steve loves to do burnouts. Congratulations on an awesome build Steve. Keep up the great work you do. Enjoy this months calendar posting.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

And guess what? No one had to wake me this month.

Cartoon Facial expression Vertebrate Organ Product

#203 ·
Mario

you are to kind my friend (man am I glad Frank didn't write the critique) although I do love your accolades about the truck. It means a lot coming from a fellow gasser fan but also a materful builder himself. Thanks again for the great write up!!! :eek:

#204 ·
you are to kind my friend (man am I glad Frank didn't write the critique) although I do love your accolades about the truck. It means a lot coming from a fellow gasser fan but also a materful builder himself. Thanks again for the great write up!!! :eek:
You certainly deserve it.
There is nothing that ooooozes "Gasser" more that a '40-'41 Willys, and this truck is BITCHIN!!!

#208 ·
Tony

the event has been rescheduled for October, 10. Yes, I plan on attending I just need to decide which car I'm taking. I'm thinking the 53 because I'll probably put a for sale sign on it to see if it garners any interest. Are you going to bring your Studebaker down?

#209 ·
the event has been rescheduled for October, 10. Yes, I plan on attending I just need to decide which car I'm taking. I'm thinking the 53 because I'll probably put a for sale sign on it to see if it garners any interest. Are you going to bring your Studebaker down?
Yes, I am planning on bringing it.
I hope all the stars stay aligned and I can finally attend this with the Stude-A-Shaker.

#210 ·
This month our Gasser Calendar features Rik's cool fat fender 37 Chevy from out of Texas way. This work in progress has some hi-tech as well as old school gasser style. He planted a 400 cu in. Chevy with a turbo 350 trans to get that 9 inch ford rear screaming, connected via the 4 link wish bone suspension. Now that he's retired we can't wait to see some progress on the car again. Last we heard he was hard at work sanding the body to get some new paint on the rod. Congrats Rik and great job on the gasser. We look forward to seeing that Hot Rod all month.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

#212 ·
At this time I don’t see it happening but you never know.

#213 · (Edited)
We turn the calendar page again. October already. Can you believe how fast this year is going. This month up on display for October is our own Vall Miller's 37Austin A10 Gasser, with a 350 Chevy small block fitted with a tunnel ram. Transporting horsepower from the potent small block to the drive train is a full manual turbo 350, linked to a 8.5 Pontiac rear. On the calendar page is a before and after of the gorgeous red paint job on the Austin. All tastefully built with Gasser tribute. You may see this Austin called "Mouse Trap" posted on instagram as a great example of Gasser Hotrods. Great build Vall. Congrats.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#214 ·
Another month has blown by us again. We are in November and our calendar this month features Dave Burnham's 51 Chevy Styleline Bel Air Gasser. A great start for a tribute Hotrod in Gasser style. Although Dave has been subjected to a few job location moves this year he landed with his feet firmly in the garage in St.Louis at his last move. Finding doner body parts he has brought this cool Chevy gasser back to life again. Using twin holley 600's, tunnel ram fed 383 cu. in. with a bunch of goodies along with a turbo 350 trans he sends it to the ground via a 97 Trans Am rear with 15x10 wheels. Even though its still a work in progress he has given that gasser his full attention performing all the work himself during his transitions. His tenacity is to be commended. Drive train and body panels are all in progress on his work project thread posted here on our forum. Great work Dave. I can't wait to see it running again. I don't know who would be capable of making this car come back to life other than yourself. You are a great motivator my friend. Congrats on a work in progress well done.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle

#219 ·
Hey Mario

wake up!!! It's December 1, 2020 and the last month of what appears to be the last edition of your labor of love is awaiting your critique. :rolleyes:
If indeed this is your last time I just want you to know that I really appreciate and am grateful to you for your efforts and don't blame you at all if you don't do it again!!!

#221 ·
Say whats the big Idea for waking me up?????????????????????

Microphone Black Coat Black-and-white Gesture

oooooooooopppppppsssss, I got caught napping again. so sorry Maddog Mike and everyone watching. :)

As we turn the page again to the month of December.........man did this year go fast..........And and and and..........so does Mikes 38 Plymouth Mopar Coupe. Drum Roll please..................................................................................

This gorgeous gasser is motivated by a 69 Mopar 440 cu in stroked to a 502 with a 727 Torque Flight Trans. Throwing down the Horse Power is a Ford 9 in. with 410 gears. With gasser style the 502 has a tunnel ram and 2 600 Edelbrocks handling the cocktail mix. He not only hand built the headers and exhaust but he also massaged the body and threw down the silver and blue paint single handed like nobody's business. What a classic example of gasser style hotrodding. His Mopar is a show and go for sure. Congrats on a beautiful build Mike. We know you went through some tough times in the past and we are all rooting for you. Beautiful job and glad to have you on board and on our walls.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

#223 ·
What kind words? You deserved it. You earned it. You got it. Your a hotrodder...........:) We all wish the same for everyone this coming year and ever after. I would like to say the calendar is not over for good. I had to take a break from the stress. I was inundated with graphic work at the time I wanted to start the calendar and didn't want to take it on. Besides, Im running out of monthly speeches. I started to loose my siver tongue. I gotta keep it fresh for Steve.:) When everyone appreciates it, then its all worth the pain. I was happy to do it for all on the forum. How about we can work on ideas and put it all together for next year. Send me ideas on this thread and I will see what I can come up with.
Stay safe everyone.

#225 ·
I love the member's cars, but wonder if adding in some famous vintage gassers from the era here and there might be good too? Not one per month, but the same 4 picture collage for a month with 4 famous gasser cars from the 60's? And not to replace member's cars, just here and there to mix things up.

#226 ·
That's a

good suggestion Vall. Considering what was the lack of interest/participation from the membership and the members fortunate enough to have two cars were able to take up the slack to have 12 months worth of cars it might be the answer. Of course it all gets down to whether or not Mario wants to invest his time and effort into putting together another calendar. As I said earlier though, I wouldn't blame him if he said to hell with it since he practically had to beg for members to send in photos. Should Mario decide to do it again I think he should set a firm cut off date for entries, first submitted get in and if you snooze you lose, that way he doesn't have to scramble to get it done and can take his time choosing the fill in cars.

#227 ·
I think we might get tired of seeing the same 6-7 member's cars, unless they changed significantly. But I also think we as members should send in pictures we find of our favorite old gassers, so it's less work for Mario. We shouldn't put all the burden on him to find images, and then photoshop them for the 12 months too.

#228 ·
Thats a nice gesture Vall. If pics come off the web they will be low res. The only way it will work is if we keep them small and make a collage every month with so they look decent. It could still work if I make a template with small frames each month. Lets talk about it. Im open to suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.