2020 Forum Members Gasser Calendar - Page 18
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Forum Members Gasser Calendar

Just giving credit where credit is due........details of your fab work are amazing. Your standards are high and it shows.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Mario

hey man, you're asleep at the wheel. The featured car for March is up and you haven't done your monthly critique and it's a really bitchin MG gasser that the builder really put a lot of BS&Ts into. I think he really deserves your critique.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Haha haha. I said I would write something Saturday and I forgot completely.

ok where is my soap box? Oh there it is. Here Here, hearyeee hearyee all rise for the presiding MG Midget Gasser for the month of March. Before I start my speech I want to say let’s make gassers great again, that’s MGGA.

Now seriously thanks for the reminder. I don’t want to swell my head in any way cause I’m no professional fabricator. I’m a hobbyist just havin fun when life will allow. I did what I could when I could. Not the the way I would build anything with given blank check. Or bottomless credit card. Heck for that matter I wouldn’t even build the MG gasser as it would have been an all metal 40-41 willys. But life as it is doesn’t ask you for priorities, it makes them for you.

So that being said my soap box is wobbling and I just wanna say thanks to all the people on this forum who supported this MG build and criticized in a constructive or helpful manner. That support got me through a fun build that was very rewarded at any car show or cruise night I went to. Smiles and shaking of the heads when looked at was worth every hardship during the build. Only Regret is the paint finish. I wish I had gone blue flake in the clear on the black to give that blue black look. Maybe next time. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 03-01-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Was just looking at your great mini gasser this morning when we turned the month over Mario! You did a fantastic job, and it's cool as heck!
    Vall

For some reason my calendar page won't flip over to next month..............
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    For some reason my calendar page won't flip over to next month..............
    rofl. Thank you for that
    Mario

Mario you are the Earl when it comes to hot rods...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnfooEED8Y
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Mario you are the Earl when it comes to hot rods...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnfooEED8Y
    I am truly honored. I watched the whole video. Im a big fan, but you knew that already.
    Mario

I forgot to post the calendar page. Man am I out of form this month. I did this for members who didn't order one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarioMarch2020test.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	102369
    Mario

I know

what you mean Mario. These are really well put together calendars that feature the technical, problem solving and mechanical aptitude of our members that should be an inspiration to all the members. The other thing is where else are you practically quaranteed a spot in a wall calendar that goes around the country.
    I was really surprised at the lack of interest in purchasing the GHR decals I got made. When I've had either my Willys or 53 at a car show or cruise event the decals are really popular and I've sold more at those events that to our members, go figure. I mean all your work on the calendars for absolutely no compensation and on the decals I just sell them for cost plus postage for those who order them off this site. Quite obviously neither of us are going to retire from our endeavors for the enjoyment of our fellow members.
    What are you going to do right. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink as the saying goes.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 03-02-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements