2020 Forum Members Gasser Calendar - Page 8
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Forum Members Gasser Calendar

I did a system security update yesterday morning and went to my computer this morning and it was locked in a reboot screen. Uh oh. No not now. I followed online restart instructions and got it back. Wow that was close. Apple is starting to get sloppy with updates compatibility. So good news is I’m back. My Mac mini is about 6 years old now so it’s close to end of life. Gotta get this calendar done soon.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Hi Steve, I rushed this out so if you need a change let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SbaumanApril2020.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	101647
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

I feel

compelled to put this out there. Is it that the majority of the members are lazy, complacent, or something else. Here we have a really great generous member in Mario who willingly donates his time to put together a really super calendar and he actually has to beg members to simply take 15 minutes of what must be their very important time to take a few photos of their car and be part of the calendar and even then the participation sucks so bad that members with 2 cars might get 2 seperate months. Just because you send in photos doesn't mean you've committed to spend a whole $15 for a calendar. I mean come on dudes, what the hell's the matter with you? There's a lot of nice gassers on this site that members have put a lot of time and money into; why the hell wouldn't you want your car in a calendar. Do like I did last year; buy a few extra and give them to your car buddies for Christmas gifts and watch them turn green with envy because their car has never been featured in anything and probably never will be; I know mine never would be. I don't tell them the orgin of the calendar I just let them think that GasserHotrods chose my car(s) because it's so cool and the logo in the middle of the page lends more credibility to the whole thing. What better way to impress people than by having your ride in a calendar.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 11-11-2019 at 02:23 AM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Steve you've hit on a point that has often puzzled me. And I couldn't agree more with your post!
    We have a lot of members here who never post. We have a huge number of guests who never join. We have had a lot of members over the years who posted a project, and then faded into oblivion, never to be heard from again.
    All this has always puzzled me. We have a very small group of users who stay active on the forum, and have done so for years. I'm unsure why others don't participate, or why they've dropped out? There aren't many places where guys with a real interest in gassers have a dedicated forum to share the interest. Are we doing something wrong here that makes people not want to share their projects? Are members scared off, or somehow put off by the forum, and leave after starting project threads?
    I wish I knew what it was myself. I look at someplace like the HAMB and they get more posts on a single thread about one person's gasser build than we get on the whole site. And there's some guys over there that can be really mean spirited and obnoxious. Yet they draw a bigger audience. Maybe we're too nice? I don't know.
    OK, I'll get down off my soap box.
    Vall

I know

what you mean about the number of guests Vall. All you have to do is look at the number of visits that the build threads generate, like yours are over 100,000, and realize that people are aware of the site. What kills any group is lack of participation; I'd sure hate to see that happen here. Like you said, where else are you going to find a site dedicated to gassers and hot rods with a group of supportive and encouraging members.

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    like yours are over 100,000, and realize that people are aware of the site.
    ? I see 16,000 views, and 465 replies. My Austin has 1.8 million views and 1,576 replies. Must be looking at someone else if you saw 100,000 views?
    Vall

I'm happy

with it Graphics Master Mario!!!

Well Vall

if my math is right 1,800,000 views certainly is more than 100,000 views so I believe that you be da king of views.

Maybe some of the members had a bad experience purchasing last year. Or maybe it was pricey for what they got.
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Maybe some of the members had a bad experience purchasing last year. Or maybe it was pricey for what they got.
    Feedback from those who got the calendars last year seems to indicate it was well received Mario!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements