I'm thinking
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking

I'm thinking

things are going to get crazy; any estimates.

https://blog.bikernet.com/bullitt-mu...issimmee-sale/
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I am thinking $300,000 I know sounds low but I think the market is getting soft for Hollywood cars..the story about coming out of a Mexican junk yard also stinks of fraud to me
    Lash

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    I am thinking $300,000 I know sounds low but I think the market is getting soft for Hollywood cars..the story about coming out of a Mexican junk yard also stinks of fraud to me
    I think you're confusing the Bullit car going up for auction with something else? This car has been through 3 people, and never went out of the country. The son of the last and longest owner is selling it.

I'm guessing it goes a million dollars, or close to that.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

When I

read the article I questioned some of the information. The only car I remember hearing about being discovered in Mexico was I think Ed Roths 'Beatnik Bandit' with the big bubble top that wasn't there anymore. Also if I remember correctly there was an episode on I think the show 'American Pickers' where they met the guy who had the original Bullit car. His dad worked for the studio on the movie and supposedly got the car at the end of production. They were using it as a daily driver and I remember when they were showing the over all condition of the vehicle how bad the interior was. The thing is he had all sorts of documentation to prove it was the real deal; so who knows. It's still going to be interesting to see how much it goes for though.

bull...it

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    read the article I questioned some of the information. The only car I remember hearing about being discovered in Mexico was I think Ed Roths 'Beatnik Bandit' with the big bubble top that wasn't there anymore. Also if I remember correctly there was an episode on I think the show 'American Pickers' where they met the guy who had the original Bullit car. His dad worked for the studio on the movie and supposedly got the car at the end of production. They were using it as a daily driver and I remember when they were showing the over all condition of the vehicle how bad the interior was. The thing is he had all sorts of documentation to prove it was the real deal; so who knows. It's still going to be interesting to see how much it goes for though.
    The article states #558 was found in Mexico...the picture shown is the #559...I was confused on witch one they where going to auction...to me it is not a great piece of history just ok...I would rather have the original Harley that Peter Fonda road...( the stolen one) in Easy Rider...wonder if it is still out there in some ones collection or if got stripped for parts...any way I am thinking some where about 2.5 million on the #559 car
    Last edited by Road Angels; 09-11-2019 at 02:00 AM.
    Lash

MIGHT, bring a few dollars. If authenticated.
    Hidden Content I have no extra cigarettes, money, beer or pot. But I do have extra bullits. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    MIGHT, bring a few dollars. If authenticated.
    The Bullit Mustang has been thoroughly authenticated, and for the last year toured around the USA sponsored by Hagerty. I doubt Hagerty would have sponsored a fake.
    Vall

Everybody was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absofuckingloutely unbelieveable

https://youtu.be/Y1kzTyqcN9U

What in the hell are you going to do with it...sit and look at it...????
    Lash

Well,

you know Lash there's all kinds of toys you can plug into a lighter socket now and enjoy while you drive but I suppose if one has the kind of money to buy that car they don't need a plug in toy, LOL, because they can afford the real thing.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements