hey all, new from s.c. just picked up a 64 rambler cross country wagon.
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: hey all, new from s.c. just picked up a 64 rambler cross country wagon.

hey all, new from s.c. just picked up a 64 rambler cross country wagon.

steve here. thinkin about doing it gasser style for the street. the body is really straight but someone a couple owners back chopped up the suspension front and rear. after pricing what it would take to repair the suspension ive decided it would be easier to gasser. ive got a new 327 with pg. 3 deuce intake and a ford 8 inch with a locker. just need some direction on choosing the front suspension . am looking at the speedway motors front ends.

anyhow. thanks for having me. and on to the search button I go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pinturbo View Post
    steve here. thinkin about doing it gasser style for the street. the body is really straight but someone a couple owners back chopped up the suspension front and rear. after pricing what it would take to repair the suspension ive decided it would be easier to gasser. ive got a new 327 with pg. 3 deuce intake and a ford 8 inch with a locker. just need some direction on choosing the front suspension . am looking at the speedway motors front ends.

anyhow. thanks for having me. and on to the search button I go.
    Welcome to the forum!

I'd look at either a Ford Econoline I beam front axle, or Chevy Greenbriar van. Both from the mid 60's. Or a '55-'59 Chevy pickup front axle. All are easy to convert to disc if you want, and much cheaper than the Speedway axle kit. All the correct width for your '64 wagon too.
    Vall

my buddy just offered me a straight axle from his 52 f1. is this a reasonable option for my project?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

They have pretty large 5x5" bolt pattern, which is a tough one to get good wheels for. But might be some adapter kits with smaller hubs and bolt patterns available? Never used one, but Lash (Road Angels) has and might have some help for you?

https://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/...-some-progress
    Vall

he showed me some disc conversions for around 250.

Steve there are some brake kits that speedway makes that you can use the stock f1...f2 spindles with but they are large braked kits that will limit the wheels do to caliper interference...to get around this and use the small gm calipers you have to go with early ford spindles and adapters for the bearings...the specs for the axle you have offered to you can be found on Nostalgia Sids website...I would grab the axle just because the ford ones are getting harder to find compared to the gm ones,,,does not cost any thing to play with it!!!....he lists all the axle specs https://droppedaxles.com/axles
    Last edited by Road Angels; 08-04-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    Lash

thanks guys. time for research

[SIZE=4]Havent been on here in a while. If you havent already got what U need try this vendor. checkeredracing.com

11. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements