Gasser HotRod Forums banner

HAPPY 4th

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 ·
to all my gasser hot rod friends. Today after working on my 53 I put on my MAGA hat and drove it around just to show my patriotism (what's more patriotic than mom, apple pie and gasser/hot rods) and piss off any democrats who saw me. If I really wanted to piss them off I should have uncorked it.

#4 ·
Who'd have

thought that on the celebration of our countrys independence we wouldn't be allowed to celebrate it. More changes and not for the best.
Having said that I hope all my fellow members have an enjoyable holiday remembering what is being celebrated.

#5 ·
Hope everyone has a happy, and safe 4th of July!

My younger brother started his off earlier this week, and not in a good way! He was setting off fireworks with his 12 yr. old grandson, and something called a "mortar" didn't finish shooting off all 10 shots. He decided to ignite the final 4 shots using a BBQ lighter at the fuse hole. When it ignited it went off all 4 at one time, striking him in the face somehow? He told me he was way off to the side, and didn't know how it shot off at an angle?
He was rushed to the emergency room with lacerations, and burns to his face. They cleaned and stitched the wounds, but told him his right eye is full of blood, and unsure if he will lose his sight there or not? His left eye is blurry, but each day he sees more with it, so they feel it is OK eventually. He can see shapes and light with the right eye, so not totally blind yet.
Tough to make it to 66 and then have something like this happen. He feels pretty stupid, and is of course thinking about all the things he should have done differently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.