another header question.
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: another header question.

another header question.

I apologize in advance if this question has been approached already..( sure it has, just cant find it).. i have aluminum heads on the sbc, brand unknown as their is literally no stamps, cast #s or the like. The exhaust ports are basically square..1.400 x 1.340 at the very edge of the opening..the headers i have are of course are with round opening in the flanges... I am wondering which gasket would be best to seal and hold up..or, get some rectangular port flanges and swap them out? with that said, the flanges I have found are like 1.625 and larger...any input?..thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

A round

port header gasket will seal a square port head or header as long as the gasket port diameter is the same or greater than the longest dimension (diagnal) of the head port. In other words if your square/rectangular head port dimensions fit inside the round port gasket you're good to go.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 07-01-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

thanks...dont want to do more work and $$ if I dont have to..will re check the measurements.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

any real advantages ( performance wise) to running fenderwell headers versus long tubes?..375h.p. sbc, 350 turbo, shift kit, 370 rear gear..thanks in advance

My opinion is fenderwell headers are really long tube headers in themselves. Would you notice the difference, I think not.....but the fenderwells are gasser styling and cool. History and drag racing gassers. I don't have them on my MG due to lack of room. Wish I did. its all what you like and need to do.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

What Mario

said was simple, accurate and to the point.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

9. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements