well, I hit the proverbial wall. I got the trunk floor installed and I managed to make it look pretty damn good. I was lucky that the two cross member end where they attached were still pretty solid, so I used them as anchors for my homemade braces. Took 1/4 inch think bar and welded an L bracket to the underside to stop it from flexing. Worked perfectly. I will post pics of the finished trunk later, but here are the braces.
Then I went to try and fit the new back end on and I just do not have the amount of hands I need to pull it off. Got frustrated and put everything away and sulked the rest of the day. I decided I am going to take a break from the rear and work on the interior and wiring. Maybe some inspiration will hit me. Le Sigh.