350 length
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 350 length

350 length

set up my build with a short tail 350 . Just picked up a longer 350 (3) inches longer. ( recent rebuild, reverse valve body etc. ) will i have to shorten the drive shaft or is the housing interchangable? and what would it take to get this right? thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chopperwarehouse View Post
    set up my build with a short tail 350 . Just picked up a longer 350 (3) inches longer. ( recent rebuild, reverse valve body etc. ) will i have to shorten the drive shaft or is the housing interchangable? and what would it take to get this right? thanks in advance
    The housing can be changed, but also need to change the output shaft with the housing. Otherwise the driveline needs to be shortened.
    Vall

just did the research.. pulling two trans completely apart to make one is not how i want to spend my day...So,...will be calling driveshaft guy to shorten it 3 in. S&$T!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Might contact a transmission shop and ask what they charge. If it's cheaper than a driveline shortened then have them do it.
    Vall

7. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements