'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 121
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1217

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

I actually got a few cell phone pictures from a couple stops along the way. Nothing spetacular.

Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

sounds like you had a blast Vall. good to hear. the car does look so cool. great look great build. Glad your lifters and rockers held together. Now you can exhale. LOL
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    sounds like you had a blast Vall. good to hear. the car does look so cool. great look great build. Glad your lifters and rockers held together. Now you can exhale. LOL
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets anxious on trips with their cars. But I sure was for maybe half of the way up to my destination! Then with each mile I got more relaxed, and began enjoying the drive. It was fun to visit with people at stops along the way, and have non car people look surprised when they asked how far I'd come, or was going! Most said something about being "daring" to take an "old car" that far from home.
    I'm going to pop the valve covers off in a week or two, once weather gets ugly, and double check the adjustments just to make sure they're all good still.
    Vall

Vall, that looks great! It looks good in all thoise pictures!
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

Grand Coulee is a neat place. Sounds like you get great gas mileage too! Congrats on a successful trip.
    Nick

There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, there was never a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Always being out in know were's ville with an old car is an ass puckering experience
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I tried not to dwell on how remote I was at times, and avoided checking my cell phone to see if I had a signal. I knew there were spots in the Yakima Reservation, and Colville Reservation that I'd have no cell signal, so didn't want to think about it.
    Something about cruising out in the middle of nowhere in an old car though. And not seeing hardly anyone else where you're at is even stranger! Some places had no shoulder, and I wondered how far I'd have to coast to even pull over!
    Fortunately I didn't have to find out what might have been, since it all went so well. Like seeing that spare, and my tools in the trunk, and not needing either.
    Vall

Finally a response from Speedmaster on the missing adapter for my new air cleaner. I had little luck getting satisfaction through direct emails, so sent a message with my complaint through Ebay. They immediately sent a response.

Seller's message:
    "Hello, We are sorry to hear about the missing item, we placed an order SO-00608124 and will be shipping out the missing item. "
    Vall

Went to an air filter supply company this morning to look at filter media. The guy had some "pre filter" material that's pretty dense, and black color. The perfect material to put between the down draft stacks, and the filter! A huge sheet I could make 5 or 6 pieces from was $5, so I bought some.
    This will seal off the open holes, but also allow some filtered air to pass through too. Just need to make a small hole for the 1/4" rod in the center.

I'll get some rubber balls, or tennis balls to push in each tube for when I wash the car and want to keep water out. Or I can simply put a bag over the whole set, like I do with my Austin when washing it.
    Vall

Excellent ! Brand mew member here but long time hot rodder who is currently rebuilding a 60s vintage 36 Chevy coupe that was a real gasser back in the day. I am extremely pleased to see that you kept the straight axle in the front. Please take no offense but when I started reading this build thread and saw you mention Camaro subframes & such I had to wonder if I accidently stumblled into a rat rod forum. As the General of the Tennessee chapter of the Pharoahs Car Club I can surely appreciate ALL styles of hotrods & muscle cars and there's nothing wrong with wanting a better ride with modern parts for a street driven car. Hell, my Captain in the club drives a fiberglass 41 Willys on an S10 chassis and it's a very cool car. Just not a "Gasser". Well done.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements