'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 58
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    That’s cool Vall. Great idea. Will you have a good ground for the sockets on the turn signal bulbs. Park lamps need to work with all too. I can’t wait to see the lamps assembled.
    Yes Mario. I will be bolting a ground out near the outside edge of the reflector for the parking lamps. The halogens of course have a ground as part of the 3 wire socket, so the ground I add is for the parking/turn signal lamps. And the parking lights will be on in "park" and with the headlights, so not sure what that will look like?
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

This is what I used on my coupe. I doubled up for safety.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66DB579F-F1C0-4580-A1EA-7CB9FAAA4DEE.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	102061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D52A765-F93E-4A08-8F5B-8622985FFE9B.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	102063
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    This is what I used on my coupe. I doubled up for safety.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66DB579F-F1C0-4580-A1EA-7CB9FAAA4DEE.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	102061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D52A765-F93E-4A08-8F5B-8622985FFE9B.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	102063
    Those little rectangle signal lights are like what I have, except mine are round. I'll wait until it's all working and on the street to decide if the round chrome ones are needed or not.
    Vall

Realized yesterday that I'd never put my VIN tag back on the passenger side cowl. The coupe came with a brand new repro tag, so I got my stamp set out and using a block of wood to keep the numbers aligned I stamped the title numbers on it, and mounted it back in the original location.
    Decided it was time to install the trans cooler. I don't like them in the radiator, so I use auxiliary coolers. I also don't like them blocking the radiator, so I mounted it horizontally under the passenger side floor. Made some standoffs to keep it about 1.5" off the floor, and then used the leftover 3/8 braided hose I had to feed it. Just used regular hose clamps since it's hidden and didn't need AN fittings. It just fit between the trans crossmember and the driveline loop crossmember!
    Vall

Vall, would you please slow down! I can't even find time to get out to the shop and you are getting so much done on the coupe. Maybe it will be a better year for this old guy and I can catch up.

Hey Mike, Yes I'm slowing down. Winter has me spending less time out there. Had to bring my grille into the basement yesterday so I can skim coat it in a warmer environment! Good to see you back here!
    Vall

Is this hilarious or what?

The new LED conversion lamps arrived for my headlights and they have little finned aluminum heat sinks on the end with little miniature cooling fans! They're supposed to run cooler than halogens, but I've never seen a halogen with a tiny cooling fan?
    Vall

I must

be missing something here. Halogens give off massive heat, even the 12 volt type where as I have yet to run into an LED that can't be touched even after it's been on for any length of time. You're the retired electrician Vall, can you explain this one to me.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Isn't it the transformers that get hot with LEDs?
    Gary

The heat sink is part of the current management system to help keep the high intensity LED's from becoming hot and losing Lumens..they lose a lot at very low temps...compared to other ir type lights...
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements