'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 54
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    I never jetted a carb with 4 corner idle circuit. I’m gonna say 64-66 is too lean. 513 cam with headers will probably take at least a 70 as a starting point. Just my gut feeling. Idle mixture screws will tell a story right away.
    Thanks Mario! Maybe I better just leave it with those 74's and try it. I pulled the carb apart todaay to put a rebuild kit in it and found all new parts in it! But the accelerator pump was hard as a rock! So I grabbed the one out of the kit and put it in. I'll reassemble it now with those 74's and leave it alone.

I found this Quick Fuel video on 4 corner adjustment. Sounds like they don't think it needs much adjusting? But says whatever you adjust one corner to, adjust the others to match. They recommend 1.25 turns per corner to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJg8GTlnIH0

The Demon has glass float windows, and knurled thumb knobs for idle/air adjustment, so no tools needed to easily change adjustments.

I also measured the stance today, and found the body is 1" higher in front vs. rear. So it looks like I hit my goal of trying to get it pretty level. It's 14" to the bottom of the frame rails.

Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

You are

cranking on this build Vall!! You are going to learn to love those knurled mixture screws. I remember when I posted about mine and if memory serves you said you weren't aware of them. With twin side mounted carbs, they're a life saver. Hell, for that matter they make life easier even with a single carb.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    cranking on this build Vall!! You are going to learn to love those knurled mixture screws. I remember when I posted about mine and if memory serves you said you weren't aware of them. With twin side mounted carbs, they're a life saver. Hell, for that matter they make life easier even with a single carb.
    I bought this Demon carb at a swap meet long before I bought the coupe. It was $40 and looked really good, so one of those things I just thought I could use someday, and if not sell it too a buddy.
    I installed the Edelbrock RPM Performer on the coupe the other day, so I committed myself to going with this carb. Ordered a finned, polished aluminum 12" oval air cleaner also to get plenty of air to the engine. Looked at a lot of intake setups, and finally asked myself why, when I already had an intake and carb I could use?
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    I bought this Demon carb at a swap meet long before I bought the coupe. It was $40 and looked really good, so one of those things I just thought I could use someday, and if not sell it too a buddy.
    I installed the Edelbrock RPM Performer on the coupe the other day, so I committed myself to going with this carb. Ordered a finned, polished aluminum 12" oval air cleaner also to get plenty of air to the engine. Looked at a lot of intake setups, and finally asked myself why, when I already had an intake and carb I could use?
    Vall

Better updated picture of the engine with the Edelbrock intake and 700 cfm Demon carb.

Of course right after I locked up and came in the house a package was waiting here with the new finned aluminum oval air cleaner I bought for the engine. Didn't feel like going back out since it's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock out now!

Got my exhaust hi temp wrap yesterday and wrapped the tail pipes where they parallel the fuel cell. Probably didn't need it at about 1.5" away, but cheap insurance.

Vall

That 700 will rock with that intake and cam. Good choice. Everything looks great. Say what kind of steering box is that?
    by the way don’t forget to cork all the unused vacuum ports.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

8. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements