'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 125
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1259

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

Yea I read the earlier post..just razz'in ya...kind of tough to drill holes in them beauties...if you have a problem doing the holes ...I know a guy who knows a guy that can do it for you....lol
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Lash! I think after nearly 40 years of drilling holes as an electrician I'll try to muddle through drilling them. I'm going to keep the PCV hole back towards the rear on driver's side to shorten the hose length, and see it less. But on passenger side I'll keep the breather up front to make adding oil easier, and be further from the PCV valve also.
    Vall

Been too cold in the shop to do much, but I couldn't stand sitting around today, so went out for a few hours.
    Got my holes drilled in the valve covers for breather and PCV, and of course my big step bit was just a little too small once I drilled them. Had to get out the big half round rasp to finish the holes off. Got them mounted up, and checked and adjusted the valves before putting them on.
    Then I removed my battery disconnect switch. It went bad on me weeks ago, and I just moved the cables together, and left it. Got the replcement finally, and put it on. Then hit the Duraglass I spread over my two front patch panels for the bumper bracket cutouts I welded in. Just knocked off the top, and they'll get a skim coat of filler to finish them.
    Even with my insulated Carhardts 38 degrees was too chilly, so fired it up to warm it up, and then headed inside for a hot shower to warm me up too!
    Vall

After installing the longer shackles the other day, I noticed my shocks were actually almost topped out. Didn't want rebound to damage them internally, so I planned to raise the lower mounting points on the axle end. Got to looking at my brackets I built and discovered I could get about 1.5" extra by flipping them side to side, which turned them upside down also. Just a small relief cut on a non structural area allowed it to lay flat on the opposite side and gain the extra length needed.
    My new trans dipstick tube came to eliminate the ugly van dipstick tube I had. So installed that also. Easy to install, but wrestling the old one out was a chore.

Vall

To paraphrase

that hillbilly from 'Deliverance', You sure got a purdy motor boy. LMAO !!
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Does look great Vall.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Yup nice and clean and no brunt blued headers...I am liking that air cleaner too...what did you do for a valve cover baffle???
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I hope mine turns out that nice and clean!
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

I used baffled grommets! Mr Gasket sells a grommet that's got a closed end with an overlapping slit to allow them to breath, but keep from sucking oil. And of course I drilled my holes between rockers to avoid a rocker arm from flinging oil at the breather or PCV valve also.
    I cut a second slit at 90 degrees to the factory slit on the breather, as I figured adding oil would be nearly impossible without removing the grommet. So now it allows me to push a funnel through the grommet to open it, and then when removed the end closes.
    Vall

Weatherman blew it today, and instead of cold, heavy rains, we got 60 degrees, windy, and warm, with almost no rain until a few minutes ago. So decided it was warm enough to spread some filler, and got my bumper fillers mudded in and sanded.

Then moved on to the Austin seats.
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements