'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 126
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

Fillers look great Vall. Really coming together.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Fillers look great Vall. Really coming together.
    Thanks Mario!

Was out today to finally install the line lock I bought maybe a year ago? Not sure why I didn't put it in when I plumbed the brakes, but I didn't. And of course I didn't run the wiring under the carpet before gluing it down either!
    So after fishing wiring from the shifter to the firewall, and fighting to get it pulled in, I began taking the plumbing apart to reroute it to the solenoid. Got all the fittings yesterday at Autoboneheads. Surprised after who knows how many years buying things from them, the kid at the counter sees my USAF cap and asks if I served? I tell him yes, and he says if I have ID they give 10% off everything! So I showed my ID and saved a couple bucks. Then I thought how much I could have said if any other counter moron had asked the same question when I wore the same cap?
    Any way, I got the solenoid located, bent and flared lines, and mounted it all up. Then pushed the wires through a grommet, and wired up the switch, pilot light, and tested to see if it clicked. After that I was cold and tired, so save bleeding the brakes for another day.
    Vall

Good job Vall. Gives me incentive to put mine in early in the build. About the veteran benefits, I always ask, worst they can say is no. You would be surprised at how many businesses have the VA discount.

I swear to God I'm getting senile! After taking my brake lines apart and replumbing them to install the line lock, I got back today to just bleed the brakes. I'm gathering my vacuum pump, and tools, and laying things on the front fender. I suddenly look down and it hits me that I plumbed the line lock into the line going to my proportional valve! The same prop valve that goes to the REAR BRAKES! What an idiot!
    So had to remove all the plumbed lines, repipe the line to the proportional valve, then take the front line off, and make up new lines to plumb the line lock back into the front brakes. Of course the only parts I could reuse were the fittings, as none of the lines were correct anymore. Had one line I could shorten and rebend, and swap one end fitting, but otherwise it all had to be redone.
    So after several hours of work and $8 worth of new line, I finally got back to bleeding the system, and finished. Sometimes I wonder how my mind works to end up piping a line lock into the rear brakes? Or I guess it just wasn't working. At least I didn't have to bleed it twice, or figure it out when I tried to use it!
    Vall

That sounds like something I would do. Lol. At least you finished your project. Way to go on the recovery.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I guess

I'm in good company in the senile line then. Last month I wanted to replace 2 studs on a hub adaptor that I had cross threaded and was also going to replace some short studs with longer ones in a pair of wheel adaptors. I have all the parts in front of me, have pressed out all of the hub studs, put the first adaptor on the press when I realized I had removed all the studs from the wrong parts. I had meant to press out the studs from the adaptors not the hubs. I only had the hubs off because they were riveted (I had finished removing the rivets) to the brake drums and I was changing drums. What a dummy.................
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that does stuff like this. Still irritating to cause myself extra work that was unnecessary.
    Waiting on AN fittings to add a pressure regulator after my mechanical fuel pump. I think my pump puts out enough pressure it might be more than the 4-5 psi I want. So adding a Holley regulator and gauge so I can make sure it's within the correct range. At least I've only got one hose to cut and splice in, so no chance of getting the wrong one!
    Vall

Lets see.. I have never made two right hand brackets when AI need a left and right...never cut a bracket or piece of metal to short after measuring twice...never drilled a hole in the wrong spot...and that bucket full of mistakes in the corner of the shop well that is just reserve metal pieces...I am headed to hell if I am lying.
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

11. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements