'39 Chevy Coupe project. - Page 100
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1027

Thread: '39 Chevy Coupe project.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    that interior looks awesome Vall. Great job.
    Thanks Mario! Means a lot coming from you, as I know the quality of work you do!
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

If you need something on the Chevy check these guys out they did good by me on my 35.
    they carry a lot of Chevy stuff.

http://www.aaaparts.cwmax.com/
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Thanks Mario! Not much needed at this point, but I see things I would have bought from them had I not already gotten them.
    Vall

In my continued effort to make the '39 a cruiser that I can take long drives with, I installed a 12 v. cigarette outlet. Maybe they call them something different today? But I had existing holes in the inset below my toggle switches, so I purchased one with a black rubber cover so I can run a phone charger, GPS, or whatever I need to use this style receptacle. Lots of spare circuits with my 21 circuit fuse block, so might as well use them up!
    Vall

I like vacuum gauges! I tune most of my rides based on vacuum readings as they really tell what the engine and carbs are doing. I bought a vacuum gauge about 3 months ago, and then found a dash pod to put it in, but had to wait 2.5 months for it to be delivered!! From China of course, as I couldn't find any in my searches.
    I installed it yesterday and fired the '39 up to check engine vacuum. To my surprise (and shock) my engine is producing almost 20 inches of vacuum! It drops to 10" revving the engine, but that's normal. Never dreamed the big Howards cam would put out so much vacuum! I avoided using a power brake booster, as I figured it wouldn't work. Now I may reconsider that thinking, and maybe consider adding one in the future.
    Vall

Now you’re showing your ole school my friend. Lol
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

As with

you Vall I run a vacuum gauge also. I ran a line between the 2 carbs Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53 Tunnel Wedge.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	103185 with an adaptor for the gauge. After the motor warms up I move the timing until I get the best reading. Also like you I was really surprised at the 20-21 inches of vacuum I get with the Big Mutha Thumpr cam.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

[QUtOTE=sbauman2;261583]you Vall I run a vacuum gauge also. I ran a line between the 2 carbs Click image for larger version. 

ID:	103185 with an adaptor for the gauge. After the motor warms up I move the timing until I get the best reading. Also like you I was really surprised at the 20-21 inches of vacuum I get with the Big Mutha Thumpr cam.[/QUOTE]

Steve that sounds like a good idea. I’m wondering though. The last time I put a T in a vacuum line I got a pulse in my Holley that I wasn’t aware of. Carb was bleeding down at an idle like a high float level. I replaced the carb and still had a bleed down and found out it was a vacuum line T causing the issue. Since then I swore to never do that again.
    have you ever experienced that situation?
    Mario

Doesn't the vacuum secondary balance kit basically do the same thing? Whenever I've run dual carbs that have vacuum secondaries I've installed the balance kit, which syncs the two carbs together, and not had any issue.
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    you Vall I run a vacuum gauge also. I ran a line between the 2 carbs Click image for larger version. 

ID:	103185 with an adaptor for the gauge. After the motor warms up I move the timing until I get the best reading. Also like you I was really surprised at the 20-21 inches of vacuum I get with the Big Mutha Thumpr cam.
    The Big Mutha Thumpr cam I had in my Falcon produced very low vacuum for my BBC. It idled around 10", and rarely got above about 13 in. even when I was decelerating. It's one reason I went with the Howards roller Rattler cam when I did this engine.
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements