Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Fender Well Headers

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for fender well headers for a 1960 Biscayne with a small block. I was told that Tri-Five headers might work.
Also does anyone make ones that have a connection for the option to hook in under car exhaust.

#2 ·
As for the connection to hook in under the car exhaust. I don't know anyone who sells that style. I cut a hole into the side of the collector on both of my cars and ran a stub under the car. Then welded a header reducer on the end, and bolted another to that to begin my exhaust system. It allows my headers to be pulled without cutting the exhaust loose.

#3 ·
If I am not mistaken, Someone used to make a bolt-on collector with a stub welded in. Some thing like this may be a good option. You could always make it your self.

#4 ·
The issue with the bolt on "extension" is the collector then gets too close to the ground in many cases. If I added enough extension to allow an outlet out the side on either of my cars, I'd be dragging them on occasion.
Plus the exit out the side would be lower and have to turn up to get back to the frame. That wouldn't help exhaust flow when the headers were capped. You want the outlet to go down with as much angle as possible so the exhaust don't make too sharp a turn to exit the side of the collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.