Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Seatbelt Install

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cassandrabotil01 
#1 ·
I will be installing 5point seat belt in my Henry J. When straps come over shoulders do they have to attach to roll cage bar above shoulder height? My roll cage horizontal bar behind seat is lower than seat and shoulders. In this configuration straps would have to go up before going over seat and shoulders. Is this a problem for safety or NHRA? My Henry J will be running approximately 12.00s.

#2 ·
Seatbelt attachment can not be above the shoulders. The lower tube behind your seat is the correct attachment point. Some seat belts may not be long enough, so require an approved extension strap. I got seatbelts with a Y connection, so both shoulder straps go into a Y. Then the single strap hooks to my low tube.

#3 ·
The point of the shoulder harness is to keep you down in your seat without hurting your shoulders. Looping downward would be the Rule book requirement as Vall already stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.