1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 2
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

Hey Mario, How about sharing some more pictures of the car on this thread???
    Tom - "In the end the only thing that really matters is how you feel about yourself" Smokey Yunick

Smokey, 68 Camaro, Daytona track record holder against Penske.
    AVATAR = RANDOM PICS of 56 VIC'S

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I could do a build thread abbreviated version of course.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    i *thought* i saw a video somewhere of this car jerking the LF tire
    a couple inches and blasting a low 12-second 1/4....

cant seem to find it again, but if that was the same car--impressive.
    most impressive.
    Yeah the video is still on my YouTube. Mmhotrod41. I am over geared for the quarter. I built the car for 100-200 ft drags being we don't have a dragstrip. But at this point we have nothing again. If I put the 456 gears back in the rear I should be into the 11's again. Thanks for the compliments.

This is the link. Go to 14:50 and thats the run against the Henry J that I cherished.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw97us4WrKI
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 10-24-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Hey Mario that link was great! Cool match up between you and the Henry J!

Also that was you loading the car on the trailer later in the video, correct?

You stated " I could do a build thread abbreviated version of course." .... I think you should do one for us!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Tom

Well I guess this is as good a place to start as any. On the evening of September 29th 2002 I got a flat tire right before an overpass which made it too late to go off the road for cover. I had to go up the overpass hill ever so delicately due to the tire down with posi and 456 gears. It was a crawl up the bridge without tearing everything all up. I kept looking in my rear view for cars coming at me and boy was I nervous.

I finally got up on the bridge and went over to the right side on and off shoulder because I was scared to death to crawl down the bridge without getting plowed from behind. The bridge spanned over 10 lanes of roadway and I stopped the car at about lane 7 to give cars room to get on and off the roadway.

As I called my wife to pick me up I turned off the key so I could hear her better and I watched a car come up the ramp from down below the bridge and make his way around to the top and saw his headlights coming in my mirror. They just slightly slanted left and then bang, he hit me and turned me over shoving me along the pavement about 20 feet. I couldn't believe what just happened to me. My son was in the car with me and he was hanging from his lap belt in his seat above me.

I smelled gas and urged him to hurry and get out of his lap belt but I was in his way of getting out. I had to get out first and the door was pinched closed. I went through the window and my son came out right behind. I gave him the biggest hug ever and asked him if he was ok.

And this is the start of my 1935 Chevy resurrection thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crash2.jpg   CRASHback.jpg   CRASHleftback.jpg   CRASHrightview.jpg  
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 10-24-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    Mario

wow..........good thing you are both alright.
    that really REALLY sucks that happened, but
    the important thing is that you are both alright.

cars can be fixed or replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    wow..........good thing you are both alright.
    that really REALLY sucks that happened, but
    the important thing is that you are both alright.

cars can be fixed or replaced.
    yeah youre right. It could really have gone bad as the impact sheared the gas tank cap off and the gas just funneled out all over when we were on our side.
    Mario

That's about as bad as it gets for a hot rodder and his car Mario! Amazing restoration after a total that bad! Is the Pontiac in the picture what hit you?
    Vall

WOW

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    That's about as bad as it gets for a hot rodder and his car Mario! Amazing restoration after a total that bad! Is the Pontiac in the picture what hit you?
    Yeah Vall. Any other night it would have been a Camry or a Nissan or a Volkswagen. Just a real fluke that a car guy hit me.
    Mario

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements