1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 38
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

On all of my previous carbs I never used a lock nut on the stud at the carb base but all my air cleaners wing nuts would fall off outside the carb area if they did. I gotta take this bug catcher back off again and seal the deal. This setup was the only one I added lock nuts to the studs. Not sure if they gave them to me like that or I added them on myself. Anyway they are coming off.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

This 3 day weekend I promised myself to do some more work on the door panels being Vall has been running circles around all of us lately. Don't tell him but he has given me some ideas and incentive to try this cause Im no interior guy. Finishing is not my forte.
    Its humid and 84 so Im already dripping wet. I went to buy the Eucatyle board at home depot Friday am and they didn't know they even had it on hand. online showed 47 sheets and they didn't even know what it was. I found it at isle 28 bin #2 like it said on the online info. only 3 messed up sheets there but i found the other 44 sheets in lumber on another skid. No thanks to Home Depot. Any way I started to map things out. Then I found I needed some fixes before I could make door panel. Nothing like reaching for the old gorilla glue and its half way cured. Never lasts too long after opening. I will buy small bottles from now on.
    Set screw was stripped long time ago and I must have cut a slot to use a straight driver so I could remove it. thank you mister mario for thinking ahead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5312.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	103217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5313.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	103219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5314.jpg 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	103221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5315.jpg 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	103223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5316.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	103225
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Looks like you must have custom handles Mario? Those are adapters aren't they? My Home Depot didn't even have the Eucatyle board, and had to drive to the next city West of us to get it.
    My lack of finishing cars leans towards the body and paint work I hate doing. Now that my '39 is out in the sun I see all sorts of spots I need to attend to.
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Looks like you must have custom handles Mario? Those are adapters aren't they? My Home Depot didn't even have the Eucatyle board, and had to drive to the next city West of us to get it.
    My lack of finishing cars leans towards the body and paint work I hate doing. Now that my '39 is out in the sun I see all sorts of spots I need to attend to.
    But that's great. You don't rush the finishing and you will see more and more imperfections till you're happy with it. Aren't you glad you didn't go right to paint yet? Its inconvenient but a saving grace too. your car will look great when youre done.

I just bought some original handles on ebay this morning. im not putting those cal customs back on the door.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 07-06-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Mario

If your originals have any issues with stuck knobs, United Pacific sells repair kits pretty cheap. Wish I'd known you needed originals as I could have checked with Joe at Old Car Parts here to see what he had in good used originals. He always treats me well on pricing since I've bought there since 1968.
    Vall

Hey Mario

I'm a little confused by the last photo. Did you sneeze and that's a photo of a booger hanging on the door??????????LOL
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    I'm a little confused by the last photo. Did you sneeze and that's a photo of a booger hanging on the door??????????LOL
    No It landed on my shirt and i wiped it on the door. LOL that stuff dries like a rock. its great. I fixed a lot of wood on that car like that.
    Mario

Well I was able to work out the set screw after I left that cut running thru it for a straight driver removal. I then pulled out the top access board to get to the wood screw holes so i can put some gorilla glue, snot for some of you reading, and make a tight fit for the wood screws going back in. I made a card board template and used a sharpie to mark the back of the card board. I mapped out the screw holes so they all go into the wood. Evenly spaced till I need to use more once I mount it with the diamond material. I noticed the corners need to me added to go up the frame at the back and dead end at the front of the door. I may do that on the bench with a small add on to the main board as a patch. Im having photo issues

Name:	IMG_5317.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	103253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5319.jpg 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	103255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5320.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	103257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5321.jpg 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	103259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5322.jpg 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	103261
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 07-06-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Mario

I just wanted to show the door frame area and the corners as to how the panel cover will run up the door back and around to the top and end. I so regret throwing away the old interior that was done back in the 70's. I did mount the driver side board to see how it fits. I cut the same piece and it fit perfectly on the passenger side. Those old school car factory assembly line wood workers were real craftsman. Everything on the car was mirrored left to right.

Name:	IMG_5323.jpg 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	103237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5324.jpg 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	103239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5325.jpg 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	103241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5361.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	103251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5362.jpg 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	103247
    Mario

Very nice Mario! I'd forgotten how much wood a '35 Chevy has in it! I think there are pluses and minuses for having all the wood. If it's in good shape, it's an asset, and makes hanging panels a little easier.
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements