1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 34
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Nice.........
    thank you buddy
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Well last Saturday I started cleaning gasket surfaces on the housing cover area and also the backing plates front and back so I can put RTV on the C-clip eliminators which were in really nice condition considering our pot hole streets around here.
    Next Double checked the cap torque and got ready for the cover to mount back on too. Filled one bottle of Moroso climbing lube and put the cover bolts back on at 25 lbs torque. Next up was the support studs in the cover. they were at 10-15 inch pounds. believe it or not my new inch pound wrench did go to 10 inch pounds so I settled for 15 or so. Then tightened the lock nuts down.
    Next up was the sealer on the housing ends and backing plates. I then leveled the rear and filled it with the rest of the bottles I had. Surprisingly with that cover it took almost 3 quarts as my 10 bolt took 2 quarts. I had to find another bottle of 75/140 on the shelf. What a relief to get to this point. Phhhhewwwww!!!! So Im sitting on my stool saturday evening after pushing the rear on the trans jack under the car again. Nice to get it under the car again. Im relaxing after exhaustion and sitting and just looking around at the shop and in comes my son.........he says wanna put it back in the car???
    I knew what I wanted to say which was not tonight, but I can't do that with Mike. Hes always too busy to help. So I responded sensibly saying sure. Oh brother I sure didn't want to do that Saturday night after wrestling the assembly.
    Well it all went well under there. Bolt up was easy and I kept saying out loud who the heck engineered this setup. My son laughed at me. Even the brake bleed went well. Believe it or not I struggled to put those back wheels on the studs. Bent over and tired I embarrassed myself in front of my kid who lifted it up and put it on the studs with ease. God I love that Kid.
    All looked great. I decided to leave off the wheelie bars for now. They are filthy. Following monday I took half day from work and went for a ride and noticed my state inspection (real rip off) was due this month so I went to my inspection go to and got it done.
    I jumped on the parkway and easily passed the speed limit up to about 60-65 and looked around not everyone was passing me anymore. don't forget I took out 5.57 gears and went 4.56 so one whole turn of the drive shaft was a big change for me. I can't wait to see what the quarter mile will turn out to be. I bet I crack a high 11.99 or better. I was running 12.30's running out of motor at 7 grand and about 150 ft before the finish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5023.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	102527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5021.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	102523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5022.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	102525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5024.jpg 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	102529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5026.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	102531
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 03-14-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Nice Mario! Not only all new, but the new ratio will make it better for the track and the street! Should make driving it a lot more fun!
    Vall

Nice clean job...U GOT UR DUN....oh yea
    Lash

As you guys already know I’m going through some stuff here in New York. I had to sign DOL form and give in to a salary I made 13 years ago when I first started at my job. In my younger day I would have told them all where they could go with that low salary. As bad as it became it’s still better than unemployment. Then like a door mat I got slammed with work. Sales people are shoestring dreamers with their ideas that I have to create which are such a waste of time. I was pissed and told my boss I’m not stressing anymore and I don’t give a crap anymore if the work gets done in time or not. When they finally gave me some reasonable direction I went paste dinner time and got three project displays done. Tired and hungry I ate my dinner and went out to the garage. I started moving things out of the way of the coupe. My wife said to me why don’t you go for a ride and clear your head. I said ok you wanna go too? She said ok and I almost fell on the floor. She never rides the coupe. Too loud, hard to get in and out etc etc. I made it out to the highway and at the underpass there were three landscapers at the curb blowing dust in my path so I did what every hot rodder would do. I punched it real hard under the bridge. Woke em all up quick. Best part is my wife didn’t mind. . As I rolled passed the idiots and cruise the speed limit Suffolk counties finest was right behind me. Lol. I kept rolling and as we passed the precinct and he turned in for the night. That was great. When we got home I was a new man again. Next outing I will do a go pro burnout. My wife said I had a new look to my stress relief.
    to be continued.
    Mario

Glad you got some stress therapy of the best kind Mario! It really does change a hotrodder's whole mindset to blow the cobwebs out of the car and driver!
    I spent my last 18 months of work struggling with a jackass boss, and only made it through because I had a project manager I worked directly with who fended off interactions with him for me. Had I been directly involved I'm not certain I'd have even made it to my early retirement age of 60! Going 2 years early was tough financially, and of course forever affected our annual income because I did so. But I never regretted doing it as I was happy from the first day I left, and still happy I did it. Yes, I'd like the extra income, but it wouldn't make or break us. It would simply have given a little more cushion to our monthly income.
    Vall

Mario ....it would be really cool if you could drive the cool coupe that is on a calendar I have...it is really bad ass...............Hang in there buddy
    Lash

Needed to get out and break this Covid feeling. I asked my son if he wanted to go for a ride. Turns out he wanted to drive. And why not. It’s gonna be his car anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1zgw...ature=youtu.be
    Mario

Good Lord, that sounds awesome!
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

Quote Originally Posted by dsb View Post
    Good Lord, that sounds awesome!
    Thanks Dave. The bark is much bigger than the bite cause only 9:7 compression but I love the reaction at the cruise nights. My son did have a smile on his face.
    Mario

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements