1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 43
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

Today I pulled out the interior stuff. Seats, belts, radio, shifter console, and chute release lever. Dome light too. Had two disasters happen. The shifter console crumbled at the screw mount areas. Had to order another. Time is money and I can’t see myself trying to fix that plastic. Next up was the dome light. I popped the ring out and out came the glass falling down and breaking into 20 pieces. I kept calling Frank stupid stupid stupid. He couldn’t care less. So I ordered another light. I’m batting 500 in the basement today. Well anyway the good thing is I mapped out the roof area so I have a plan. There are 5 mounting areas with wood front to back. Just like 5 bows or rods. I’m gonna glue 5, 3/4” wide 4 ft long peices of the eucatile board in matching areas where the wood hangs so the headliner will be uniform side to side and I will use the screws with the upholstery button covers. I think it will work. So many panels to do as well. I took a break to think things out and not cut the material yet. I’m using the 4x6 diamond vinyl for the headliner. Side panels will be the 2x2 squares mounted vertically with the diamond shape but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06DB408A-734C-4D24-AE57-1DE0F946BD21.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	104417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1CCDEF7A-DC4F-4BF4-A89C-C3BFF7D85A7F.jpg 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	104419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	93251EE3-654D-4AAB-80C3-F901E3FB6CA0.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	104421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCE86A6D-B9C7-4230-A047-A71B4DB22A0B.jpg 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	104423
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Looks good so far Mario! Probably find the smooth naugahyde cheap on Amazon.
    Vall

That

damn Frank. Just make sure you never, ever turn around and bend over in front of him Mario, LMAO
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Looks good so far Mario! Probably find the smooth naugahyde cheap on Amazon.
    Im getting the hint that you might not like the 4x6 pattern on the ceiling?? I already have it so I want to try it. I was thinking the different patterns may go well together. I do have a leather pattern I Was going to do the MG doors but since I did the diamond pattern I don’t need it. I could use it as a backup. I ordered the 4x6 by mistake. But the 2x2 square Amazon bought me. Delivery issues so they gave it to me.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 11-29-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    damn Frank. Just make sure you never, ever turn around and bend over in front of him Mario, LMAO
    don’t worry I trust him as far as I can throw myself. Lol
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Im getting the hint that you might not like the 4x6 pattern on the ceiling?? I already have it so I want to try it. I was thinking the different patterns may go well together. I do have a leather pattern I Was going to do the MG doors but since I did the diamond pattern I don’t need it. I could use it as a backup. 4x6 was a mistake. But the 2x2 square Amazon bought me. Delivery issues so they gave it to me.
    No, you said you needed to find some smooth material also? That's what I was referring to.

"but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for here?
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    No, you said you needed to find some smooth material also? That's what I was referring to.

"but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for here?
    Oh ok I meant the flexible base to mount the fabric so I can make the rounds at the back of the cab.
    Mario

I was going through my hard drive and found this test n tune footage of me testing the converter at the line. The setup was all new to me so I pushed the envelope a little. Felt so good to romp on it. Man I wish we had a dragstrip. The staff didn't know I was a staffer just getting a run in. They wanted to know why I didn't have a number on my car. I got my licks in at the end of the night.

Mario

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    I was going through my hard drive and found this test n tune footage of me testing the converter at the line. The setup was all new to me so I pushed the envelope a little. Felt so good to romp on it. Man I wish we had a dragstrip. The staff didn't know I was a staffer just getting a run in. They wanted to know why I didn't have a number on my car. I got my licks in at the end of the night.

nice, looking and sounding good!!
    Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

I may not

be able to stop myself from getting up tomorrow, going out, uncorking my 53 and doing a burn out in front of my house. If the neighbors call the cops and they show up I'm going to show them your video and put the blame on you Mario. Thanks for posting, I think.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements