1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 30
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

No it's not Mike's shop, and the sheet metal shop guy doesn't own a hotrod either. But he likes them, and always treats me good, so I keep referring him to anyone I know who needs metal bent. Only thing he ever asks is, "Do you have your own metal?"
    That's because all his metal is galvanized, so we need to bring ours to have him bend or cut it.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Well my son got me off my arse and we pulled the 12 bolt outta the 35 Chevy today. Wasn’t bad with someone working on the other side at the same time. I kept looking around under there and said to myself, who the heck engineered this thing. LOL. Actually everything came out in methodical fashion. Slid out the rear to the side and I said where the heck are we gonna work on this thing? I really neglected clean up around the shop. I have 4 boxes and 2-5 gal buckets of scrap metal. Some new some used. I’m such a hoarder. Stuff has to go. I almost sold my 3 speed setup from the MG. Buyer backed out from outta state and there it sits on my bench and on the floor.
    what a pain. I gotta dig out my old 456 gears I had in the first install. I bought an install kit 4 mos ago when I did the MG rear.
    I will be taking a while before I tear it apart. Cleanup is a must before I disassemble the rear. More to follow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E915D32B-E622-47A9-8A16-E211329CDC8B.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	102145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3724E15-5AEA-4CBB-A115-0C21A47FB357.jpg 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	102147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EA6CFF69-4E55-4D36-8097-FDFCBD20D148.jpg 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	102149
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those monster sized shops where we could store 6 cars, and have room to work on 6 more? Getting things done in tight quarters isn't much fun.
    Vall

I just put a big dent in my cleanup part A. Can’t wait to start clearing the bench. I haven’t seen it in years. Lol
    Attachment 102165
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C9F13482-E3F3-4700-8A95-3DAE49D7B770.jpg  
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 01-22-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Your bench looks easier to get to than mine, and easier to clean off too!!
    Vall

Yep

Mario, that is almost as bad as mine was. It got so crowded that I ended up putting a 3'X4' piece of plywood on a couple saw horses so I'd have a work space; even the tops of my washer and dryer were covered with parts and other crap. I spent both Saturday and Sunday last week end cleaning up, putting away and throwing away a bunch of stuff. In the back of my brain somewhere I'm just knowing that in the not to distant future I'm going to need some obscure part I threw away; but at least now I can walk into my garage without tripping over parts and I have a pretty accessible work bench again. I didn't use to be like this. My garage was always neat, clean and orderly. When I was done for the day I'd clean my tools, put everything away and clean up the work area, even if I wasn't done with the job I was doing and would be getting back after it the next day. It seems like like one day I just got lazy and started saying "tomorrow".
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

When I have to choose between working on my cars, or cleaning the work area, the cars usually win out. Then it gets where I start tripping over things and work goes too slow, so I stop and do a deep cleaning to make more room.
    Vall

shop

here is my bench ...only took 1 day to mess it up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop mess 001.jpg  
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I looked over every scrap before canning it. It was killing me. I threw out 4 boxes of 1/2 filled scrap metal. I should be able to see the bench some time tomorrow. Lol
    Mario

I went up into my garage attic and looked all over for my used 456 gears that I had in the rear the first build. I found 3 boxes of parts. 1 unused install kit, and 2 kits with shims galore. All Richmond stuff. Not to mention I bought another new one last summer when I bought the MG stuff. I forgot I had that stuff upstairs. But no gears in sight. I finally thought to look at the old carrier and bingo there they were. The gear was still on the carrier and the pinon was wrapped with a rag. All looks pristine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4941.jpg   IMG_4940.jpg  
    Mario

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements