1935 Chevy Gasser - Page 45
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: 1935 Chevy Gasser

I am still mapping out the headliner screws and I needed to place the radio box back in where it was mounted to place the wire harness and antenna lead through either the headliner or the header panel. I cut out the header panel from my template and checked the fit. Made a few trim cuts for a better fit. For now I made cut outs at the top of the header panel for the antenna and wire harness cause Im still not sure where it all will fall in place yet. I will confess to you guys, just don't tell anyone, that I have a slight shortage at the passenger back area. I am going to try to pad the frame and wrap around the side header panel a little higher than I originally wanted to. Yes guys, Its another snaffoo!. I placed the dome light back in and the front header panel for a fit check before I glue the vinyl to it. I also checked the dome light to make sure it works right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5854.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	104575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5855.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	104577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5856.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	104579
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I cut out the header panel and mapped out the wire harness and antenna lead cut outs for the radio. After I checked the fit I glued the 2x2 diamond pattern. So I’m using the 2x2 on the header and side panels to the back window.

Name:	8A84D9E6-37DD-4ADC-9A52-FA9C01A14668.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	104585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E6D8D6F-75AE-490A-85EF-76994E117BAB.jpg 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	104587
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

I went out to the garage today. started grinding the edges of the board to make them................Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	104611

Name:	IMG_5884.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	104613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5887.jpg 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	104615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5889.jpg 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	104617

I scored the back portion of the board that bends at the back of cab every inch across the back section. I wet the board and gently bent the board and persuaded it to curve and it looked like I got it half way there. I stopped to check the fit. I can't get the board through slot between the roll bar and body, because its too thick. ?$%%$%%()&())_*)(. Now I have to find something thin and flexible like a plastic sheet to swing passed the roll bar. It has to be 24x 60. Guess im off to Home Depot. What a disappointment this was. i really wanted to use that board to hang the side panels both sides.
    Mario

Eucatile board is $17 a sheet for 48"x96" Mario. Most Home Depots have it.
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Eucatile board is $17 a sheet for 48"x96" Mario. Most Home Depots have it.
    Im using that now. Its too thick to make the bend around the roll bar area. i need something more flexible and thinner.
    Mario

7. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements