Hot Rods on Instagram - Page 52
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rods on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Oh boy, the purist police would go nuts seeing the late 10 spoke front wheels on the '33 Willys!
    Now if I had my choice of a Willys to own it would be a '33-'34 Willys coupe! That's my idea of the perfect Willys years!
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I don’t know if you guys can see this on Facebook. I hope you can. I’ve had one of these racing sets Ho aurora since I’m 10 years old. It’s amazing the lengths some will go with creating a video. I was amazed when I watched this. These HO toys got me really hooked on cars. I hope you can see this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...24574967607858
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Hey Mario

That was great; thanks for posting. I never got into the HO scale slot cars, I preferred the 1/25 where you could buy the clear bodies to paint on the inside but also there were a multitude of different motors, wheels and gearing to use along with building your own chassis with brass tubing. The local hobby store of course had the road course and then built a large figure 8 track. They held races every Saturday night and the last races of the night were drag races on the straight section of the figure 8. The cars would be lined up, the power to the track turned off and then the power would be turned on (no reaction time for a count down) and a soft barrier at the end to stop the cars. What was nice was being able to change gears and tire diameter.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    That was great; thanks for posting. I never got into the HO scale slot cars, I preferred the 1/25 where you could buy the clear bodies to paint on the inside but also there were a multitude of different motors, wheels and gearing to use along with building your own chassis with brass tubing. The local hobby store of course had the road course and then built a large figure 8 track. They held races every Saturday night and the last races of the night were drag races on the straight section of the figure 8. The cars would be lined up, the power to the track turned off and then the power would be turned on (no reaction time for a count down) and a soft barrier at the end to stop the cars. What was nice was being able to change gears and tire diameter.
    I spent a lot of time with the HO racing sets as an only child with Parents that constantly fought. I went into my own little world upstairs in my room with the big track layout. Rebuilding cars with hopup kit parts and fixing burnt out motors and chassis that melted from overheating. It was so much fun and i treasured it so much that I would dismantle and hide it when we had company so nobody could break my cars or tracks. I still have that and more. I found tractor trailers back in 1980 in Florida at a kaybee hobby. One was like the shell tanker in the video.
    This is why I liked that video so much. My childhood flashed back.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Did not play with any of that ..every thing I played with from about age 10 was nitro powered, cox cars and planes, then building my own stuff...I am surprised that I still have all my fingers....
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Did not play with any of that ..every thing I played with from about age 10 was nitro powered, cox cars and planes, then building my own stuff...I am surprised that I still have all my fingers....
    i had the Cox dune buggy and the Baja bug. Was a blast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16938E6E-4407-4D54-A534-0484020371C4.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	104623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C409A1A-F691-4A06-A1A9-64DA0109277C.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	104625
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 01-10-2021 at 09:14 PM.
    Mario

Mario don't forget the Indy Car and the Prop Rod...I also had a P40...LiL Stinker ... PT19....then moved onto a LiL Satan combat... Flite streaks...Voodoo's...oh what fun...I can remember the first time I doped my first balsa plane man was I high as a kite by the time I finished....kind if explains a lot when I think about it.....lol

Hey Vall, this two tone paint looks pretty neat. With the right choice of colors yours would be pretty cool.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...Anull%7D%22%7D
    Mario

Beware the page for face book has a ton of tracking ware

A little blower whine and an underwear change.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4e_hnl...=1i900v9qsbe27
    Mario

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements