Hot Rods on Instagram
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Rods on Instagram

Hot Rods on Instagram

lately I have been seeing some vintage shots of hot rods on instagram. I know some of us don't do instagram so I decided to link the pics to our site for our viewing pleasure. We will take no credit and these pics are solely for our enjoyment. Credits will go to the instagram posting host. I will post one or two pics a week. if you like what you see please post so I know Im not waisting my time. Thanks to (Early_Racing_Classics) and (Biggenfast) for donating the instagram photos for us old people to see here on the forum. LOL

Enjoy everyone!
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 04-10-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

First 2 posts for this week are the following. Posted by Early_Racing_Classics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 2.01.03 AM.png   Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 2.02.12 AM.png  
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 04-01-2017 at 03:03 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Thanks Mario! As you surmised, some of us (me!) don't do all the media stuff. So I appreciate the posts!
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if the coupe is still for sale..............the good old days of Dixie Peach and jelly roll hair cuts
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    I wonder if the coupe is still for sale..............the good old days of Dixie Peach and jelly roll hair cuts
    somehow I knew you would relate to these pics. thats what makes it fun for me. Got lots more to come. Instagram is loaded with vintage shots.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 04-01-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Mario

Ok now I can't help myself. I gotta post another one. What is this cop doing to the tire on this car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 1.42.26 PM.png  
    Mario

Mario,
    Parking enforcement, even back then. The stick he has has a piece of chalk on the end for marking tires. After a certain number of hours he makes the rounds again and if the car hasn't been moved, it's ticket time. Parking meters hadn't proliferated yet.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    Mario,
    Parking enforcement, even back then. The stick he has has a piece of chalk on the end for marking tires. After a certain number of hours he makes the rounds again and if the car hasn't been moved, it's ticket time. Parking meters hadn't proliferated yet.
    I knew I could count on you.
    Mario

Thanks, Mario! Neither do I indulge in all the different media stuff. Love the vintage pics though!
    Robert

"Stick'er to the floor and hold'er straight" Hidden Content

Mario what is not shown is me coming out of my work building, an wiping off the chalk mark with a red grease rag........lol.. thats how we solved the problem where I used to work...when they figured out what we where doing they then went to putting a rock or some thing on top of one of the tires...that didnt work but once...car guys smarter than cops....you bet
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements