Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Hot Rods on Instagram

81K views 1K replies 25 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 · (Edited)
lately I have been seeing some vintage shots of hot rods on instagram. I know some of us don't do instagram so I decided to link the pics to our site for our viewing pleasure. We will take no credit and these pics are solely for our enjoyment. Credits will go to the instagram posting host. I will post one or two pics a week. if you like what you see please post so I know Im not waisting my time. Thanks to (Early_Racing_Classics) and (Biggenfast) for donating the instagram photos for us old people to see here on the forum. LOL

Enjoy everyone!

#422 ·
He's

had that car at several of the gasser shows at the Automobile Driving Museum; The photo doesn't do the paint job justice. In case you don't catch it that's one of those Don Garlits fuel injection looking air cleaners and it really makes the whole car pop.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

#434 ·
I just went back and did another look see, just to find more cool stuff on the Fiat! I noticed the hand brake it's got, instead of a foot operated brake! That had to get interesting if the little car got out of sorts, and you were busy trying to steer it one handed while you used the hand brake to stop!
And I chuckled when I saw the seat frame notched for shifter clearance! A little too close to the family jewels if you made a hard stop!
Bet this car never made any trips down an NHRA track, even back before tech got picky.

#435 ·
I think I would worry less about the shift-er and more where that drive yoke and shaft are at...under your ass...and then you have the chute release and kill switch off to the right with the hand brake...your right hand will sure be busy... kind of reminds of the movie Worlds Fastest Indian...when you mentioned passing Tech..............lol

#444 ·
#445 ·
#447 ·
Sorry Vall. I don’t know if it’s me.