Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Hot Rods on Instagram

81K views 1K replies 25 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 · (Edited)
lately I have been seeing some vintage shots of hot rods on instagram. I know some of us don't do instagram so I decided to link the pics to our site for our viewing pleasure. We will take no credit and these pics are solely for our enjoyment. Credits will go to the instagram posting host. I will post one or two pics a week. if you like what you see please post so I know Im not waisting my time. Thanks to (Early_Racing_Classics) and (Biggenfast) for donating the instagram photos for us old people to see here on the forum. LOL

Enjoy everyone!

#2 · (Edited)
First 2 posts for this week are the following. Posted by Early_Racing_Classics

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
somehow I knew you would relate to these pics. thats what makes it fun for me. Got lots more to come. Instagram is loaded with vintage shots.

#6 ·
Ok now I can't help myself. I gotta post another one. What is this cop doing to the tire on this car.

Attachments

#7 ·
Mario,
Parking enforcement, even back then. The stick he has has a piece of chalk on the end for marking tires. After a certain number of hours he makes the rounds again and if the car hasn't been moved, it's ticket time. Parking meters hadn't proliferated yet.

#8 ·
I knew I could count on you.

#10 ·
Mario what is not shown is me coming out of my work building, an wiping off the chalk mark with a red grease rag........lol.. thats how we solved the problem where I used to work...when they figured out what we where doing they then went to putting a rock or some thing on top of one of the tires...that didnt work but once...car guys smarter than cops....you bet

#11 ·
Wasn't all that long ago that they still used the chalk method around here! The downtown area was the only area that had meters, and loading zones weren't ever metered. So parking patrol would chalk your work van when parked in a loading zone and nail you on their next pass by in 30 minutes.

#12 · (Edited)
Has it been a week already? Well here it goes anyway. vintage pics. I love it. gotta love it.

Attachments

#15 ·
just saw 2 more that I had to post for us here. Pretty cool rides.

Attachments

#17 ·
bumped into these pics today.

Attachments

#19 ·
Sounds great Zach. I asked the Instagram account owner if they would mind. Before taking their photos. So far Early racing classics and biggenfast has agreed to letting us post.

#21 · (Edited)
Just when you thought it was cool, it just got way cooler! Thanks to Biggenfast on Instagram.

Attachments

#25 ·
Listen to you two reminiscing. Now I feel like I accomplished something. :)

#26 · (Edited)
Timing Is Everything

This morning I had an email from a buddy with a link to two different private Hot Rod garages here in California. Wouldn't you know it, a photo that fits right in with one that Mario posted.
Vall, you're going to love the one garage especially after this quote of yours; "Back when '32 Fords weren't made of gold!"

here's the link: http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/03/central-california-dream-garage-tour/

Attachments

#31 ·
This morning I had an email from a buddy with a link to two different private Hot Rod garages here in California. Wouldn't you know it, a photo that fits right in with one that Mario posted.
Vall, you're going to love the one garage especially after this quote of yours; "Back when '32 Fords weren't made of gold!"

here's the link: http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/03...was one of the high points of my hotrod life!

#27 ·
Awesome pics Steve. I saw the twin blower Hemi.

#28 ·
2 more for today as they seem endless so why not.

Attachments