Brendon's '55 Gasser thread - Page 29
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendon's '55 Gasser thread

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    for some one saying there not doing a refined finish....you sure are spending time grinding down your welds and other things real nice...bet you thought no one would notice the details that are evident in your build...I AM WATCHING YOU
    LOL, thank you, and I'm glad you're watching me, and I also hope you call me out if I get lazy or sloppy with it. How, when I say I am not doing this refined or finished, it doesn't mean I want a death trap that can't roll straight or hold itself together, but it does mean that I won't be doing any finishing body work, chroming of bumpers, or stuff like that. The oxidized grille and rear bumper that are on the car are finished, as far as I'm concerned. The wavy quarter panels that came with the car will be there when I sell it. I may put a coat of flat paint of one color on it to help hide the gel coat on the fiberglass parts, but I don't see doing anything pretty on the outside.
    Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Still alive, folks. I've been traveling for work- been to 5 countries, and 2 trips to Vegas since my last post here, and while I'm grateful for the travel opportunities, it does come at a cost of eating up weekends. It's now four months later, and I'm finally getting a little work done on the car again. These past couple of days I figured out where and how I was going to mount front shocks on this car. The pics should explain it, and once I have shocks I can build the upper mounts. I went with those Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable ones. They look like they'll fit, ha ha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4728web.jpg   IMG_4729web.jpg   IMG_4730web.jpg   IMG_4731web.jpg   IMG_4732web.jpg  

Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

More pics here. You'll see that I double layered the metal. I did this to match the thickness of the OEM chock mounts to be sure it was strong enough, and by double layering them it should be plenty strong. They are plug welded together, too. I have new U bolts and nuts for this, and will use them after final assembly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4733web.jpg   IMG_E4734web.jpg   IMG_E4735web.jpg   IMG_E4736web.jpg  
    Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

Interesting shock mounts Brendon! Hadn't thought about that style when I did mine. I just copied the factory setup that came off the backside U bolts and used a single stud pointed out towards the wheels. Your setup looks like it should be super strong!
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Interesting shock mounts Brendon! Hadn't thought about that style when I did mine. I just copied the factory setup that came off the backside U bolts and used a single stud pointed out towards the wheels. Your setup looks like it should be super strong!
    Thanks, Vall!
    Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

Nice fab work Brendon. Looks great. Are you mounting shocks vertical straight up?
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Nice fab work Brendon. Looks great. Are you mounting shocks vertical straight up?
    I was planning on vertical from a side view, and angled in slightly from the front view.
    Last edited by Tuske427; 12-23-2019 at 12:13 AM.
    Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

Here's a few more pics of some progress I made before Christmas, actually. I was able to make the fuel tank straps, bracing for the floor pan, mounts for it all and a small cage for protection. It'll need paint at some point and I need to make the filler neck. Today I veered off course and started working on some door panels, but I didn't take any pics of those yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4741web.jpg   IMG_4742web.jpg   IMG_4753web.jpg   IMG_4754web.jpg   IMG_4756web.jpg  

Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

More pics of my progress on Christmas eve... The tank is still removable with this in place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4757web.jpg   IMG_4758web.jpg   IMG_4759web.jpg   IMG_4760web.jpg   TAUL7105web.jpg  

Long Live the Muscle Car
    @Tuske427

Was there a reason you went in the trunk vs. under the trunk with your fuel cell? The extra loop to protect it is a good idea!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements