Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Gasser of the Day

411K views 2K replies 42 participants last post by  HotRodPriest 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi ALL GHRers.....

A friend of mine is a photographer who attends a LOT of drag races & he especially likes to go to the "Nostalgia Drag Racing Event.

Practically everyday he sends a picture he calls "Gasser of the Day".

I thought I would post them here for everyone here to also enjoy.

IF you would like I could post the pictures here as best as I can keep up with doing so??????

Enjoy..... I do !!!!!! :cool:

See less See more
Reactions: HotRodPriest
#1,587 ·
I used to think a hot rod had pristine paint and I wouldn’t give to much attention to a primer or matte finish paint on a Hotrod. Not so anymore. Flat paint primer whatever is way cooler than glossy paint. Unless you’re big daddy roth. So I posted this to show HOTRODs don’t have to be shiny.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

#1,589 · (Edited)
I’m on with this ny 231 drag race past and present Facebook group and I get these posts and I can’t help but look for the next. Now I’m in love. With the Willys that is. Lol
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#1,591 ·
Actually there were a few Maverick gassers that ran in the early '70's. Before Pro Stock really killed them. Along with the Darts and Novas.

#1,596 ·
scott you are killing me with suspense. Where is the dart ?

#1,593 · (Edited)
Next Gasser of the day is a long islander nick named Sgt Grumpy on our very own forum. Way to represent.
Prime Suspect. Lookin good
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#1,595 ·
I bet you do. Who might that be? And can it be converted to a coupe? :)

#1,599 ·
#1,598 ·
Now this one is for John on our forum who has not been posting for a while. Hope he’s ok.
Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

#1,601 ·
I used too have a thing for the coupes....but I think I have gone too red neck and now crave a truck...like Steve's...I bid 20K on one about 2 years ago on ebay but lost out by $500....the seller contacted me later saying the buyer never contacted him and never heard back from the seller...the truck is now on the web back east

This post has been deleted
#1,606 ·
Hey Vall

I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut the scatter shield was one of the old two piece cast iron 'Wedge' Mfg. type that were used before the introduction of the hydroformed steel ones. I don't even know if those old cast iron units are still legal. Didn't Chevy also offer 4:56 gears as an option for their 12 bolt rear end equipped cars?

#1,608 ·
Vall

I was pretty sure the 12 bolt was available in 1964 so I checked. Rectangle Font Circle Paper Paper product
They were definitely available in 1965 because Chevy had to have a differential to handle the HP & torque of the new 1965 SS 396 Chevelle.

#1,612 ·
I was pretty sure the 12 bolt was available in 1964 so I checked. View attachment 101857 They were definitely available in 1965 because Chevy had to have a differential to handle the HP & torque of the new 1965 SS 396 Chevelle.
I think the only way you'd ever find any '64 with a 12 bolt would be if it was a factory race car. I've never heard of or seen a '64 year car with a 12 bolt, even in the factory high performance cars. The old rear axle ran from 1955-'64, and even in Super Stock cars was the standard.

#1,610 ·
I got this posted on my facebook also. Looks like this one is from NY years ago.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel