Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Twins

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ProMetalShop 
#1 · (Edited)
Well long over due, for years I was going to build a stand for my stretcher/shrinker that was foot operated. Well I know I couldn't find the time and if I took a few days out to build plus the materials I may as well take a half a day out and purchase the stands. Well last eve I jumped on a website to get some prices and found they didn't list them anymore. I called first thing this morning and they said NOPE we discontinued them. I asked if there were any left in stock ? She said NOPE and I said I was down there the other day and there was one on display. She said hold on and she went back to check, and came back and said YUP so I said I will be there in about an hour.
Bought one and brought it home.... I wasn't home ten minutes and I said to Tom I wonder if any other stores have them. So after I called a few stores I found one more, and back on the road.... So I got a pair so there's no changing dies when I jump from stretch to shrink in seconds.

Now the great part is these would have set me back almost a bit more then 800 with tax but some reverse salesmanship I have just under 370 in the pair. Plus lunch for Tom :D

See less See more
#2 ·
That's just great Steve. You have two and I ain't got nun. Don' seem right to me nun. LOL. That will really save time if you're in the middle of a project requiring them both. And you have the room so it's a good thing. Great grab and never say never, heh. Mark L

#3 ·
Mark there are very few times that I'm not bumping back and forth between the both. I was thinking of mounting them to a piece of 1/4 inch plate so I don't have to bolt them to the floor. My smaller set I move around to the job so I don't have far to go when I'm trying to fit a shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.