My 74 MG Gasser Project - Page 286
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 286 of 288 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2878

Thread: My 74 MG Gasser Project

I got the video on my Youtube, if you don't hear from me for a while they locked me up for something I didn't mean to happen.

Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Yeah Im having too much fun here. Here's some candid camera on the MG.

Last edited by mmhotrod; 07-27-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Very cool! Bet you needed a change of shorts after the 180 you did on the burnout!
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Very cool! Bet you needed a change of shorts after the 180 you did on the burnout!
    what you didn’t know is the throttle stuck right at the first mash so when I let go it started burning the tires and spun around. It was supposed to be a pedal tease and drive off. Not the whole burn.
    Mario

What's the wheelbase on your MG Mario? Guessing around 91"-92"??? Which is a bit longer than my Austin's 89" wheelbase. I never get into the throttle hard unless my Austin is pointed straight down the road. Tried it a couple times coming out of corners, and not what I like to happen. But once pointed straight it's a piece of cake, and easy to control.
    Vall

Costco has a sale right now for diapers...might be a good investment...or an extra throttle spring
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I took a minute while working from home to check the carb linkage on the MG. I noticed that in the first pic the lock collar was hitting the fuel inlet. Then it actually stuck behind it. I then noticed that the collar was not where it was supposed to be. It slid down a ways. I then moved it back in pic 2. And you can see in the 3rd pic it clears by a good distance when full throttle now. I tried calling edelbrock about another lock collar and they said Enderle injection produces the kits they sell. Enderle has not answered the phone yet. And yeah Lash I kept hearing your spring comment. It was relaxed and not much tension so I shortened the second carb spring so it pulls back quick now. Thanks for that. And again I did not get full throttle while that collar had moved thank god. Imagine if it was full when it stuck. Now where is that Costco diaper coupon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4AAD2C53-F73A-4DCD-91E5-9B2265BAA131.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	103477Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1524DE2C-C209-4E41-B82E-0608CDA2FB5B.jpg 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	103479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F6BF3D3-F126-467D-AF21-54EA40EF972C.jpg 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	103481
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 07-29-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Mario

I looked on Amazon and I found a 5/16 collar for 1.97. After my credit it was 00. I think with prime delivery its a no brainer. I just got it Saturday so I put it on. I wanted a double insurance that the stuck pedal won't happen again. first pic is installed and second pic is wide open throttle. you can see the collar won't reach the fuel line again. accelerator pump is topped out at full throttle and missing the collar so it won't hit that for sure too. I will probably drill the shaft so the allen screw will set in further but I want to be sure it is in a good place first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5454.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	103513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5455.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	103517
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 08-03-2020 at 06:38 AM.
    Mario

Mario, can you turn the collar and lock setup straight down to get it even further away from the fuel line nut?
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Mario, can you turn the collar and lock setup straight down to get it even further away from the fuel line nut?
    no I can't Vall. the lock nut will hit the rod above.
    Mario

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements