Gasser HotRod Forums banner

nuther newbe

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SlikWilly 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys ,, I have heard some good things about this forum,, so I thought I would check it out, my name is Bill, but go by "Slikwilly" I live in Oregon,and have a few hot rods, a 48 Thames Blown BBC , Alston chassis, etc etc,, pretty close to being drivable, and a 69 Pontiac Bonneville, that is just about road worthy after a new Paint job,
Like to exchange ideas, BS and have fun,

#4 ·
Hey Slick (haven't said that to anyone in a loooong time, heh). Glad you heard good things about the forum and it got you to look us up. Lots of different cars here and since I'm a Pontiac guy, love the '69 Bonnie. Get some pics when you get a chance and tell us a little somethin' somethin' about them and yourself. Great having you here. Enjoy. Mark L

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome guys,, I was invited by Vall..( a across town neighbor,) I have had the Anglia about 10 years I guess,, just happened up on it and had to have it, even if I didn't need it,, ( don't all car guys do that?) it was owned by a fella in San Diego who started building it as a gasser back in the late 60's but never finished it so it just set in his garage,untill the late 90"s then decided he would have his brother finish it, who happens to be ( or was)my neighbor,but the brother in the meantime had found a 57 chev he wanted worse ,, so the Anglia ended up sitting outside in the weather,, I happened to see it and had to have it, so it came to my house to sit for a spell, we were building cars for clients at the time so it sit on the back burner for quite a few years,, but I finally dug it out a while back and went to work on it
it had a 1 3/4" rect chassis with a 4" dropped tube axle on C/O a 57 Olds Pontiac R/E on C/O ,,when I first got it I decided I wanted a light weight indepandant F/E so I bought a chris Alston front half, and stuffed it all back in the corner, when It came time to start working on it ,, I discovered that the old chassis was 1 3/4 and the new front clip was 2x4 , so insted of cutting up a perfectly good chassis, and having a mismatched mess,,I bought the rear half of the Alston and sold the old chassis/
so fast forward to the present,, its now waiting for me to start back on oit and finish up the floor board subframe and body mounts, so I can finish the interior sheetmetal, roll cage ETC
I built a 468 Blown 250 shot of juice, BBC and a t 400 trans.. should be able to get outta is own way,, I'm looking forward to getting back on it,
I am just about finished with my 69 Bonneville, after getting a new paint job on it,, gotta have something to drive this summer.
Im gonna try to link to my photo albums over at HR.Com cause I can't figure out your photo posting process.. but I will
Glad to be here guys, and appreciate the nice welcome,, seems to be a small group here,, just the way I like it.
LOOKS like you will have to copy and paste the link

HTTP:s670.Photobucket/albums/vv68/Badrat01

You have to copy and past this link,,above^^^ it shows some of the cars we built and a lot of pictures of the Anglia,, sorry guys thats the only thing I could figure out what to do to get some pictures posted ,,

#8 ·
Thanks for the help Vall,, That photo bucket link was what I was trying to make work,, I'll figure out the correct way to post some pictures,, the photobucket has a bunch of pictures of stuff we have done over the years,,
Can't remember the shop ever being that clean,, looks like a bomb went off in it presently,,
good chattin with you this morning,, see ya manana'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.