White fender well headers. Paint or Ceramic coating?
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: White fender well headers. Paint or Ceramic coating?

White fender well headers. Paint or Ceramic coating?

Hi guys, just wondering what you guys think is best. Mine are painted white with the hi temp vht rattle can kind. I'm not too crazy with how its lasted. Of course its probably just my poor skills in painting things. Tried following the directions as much as possible. Just wondering if anyone has tried white ceramic coating and if its lasts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

White ceramic coating is somewhat new. For years you could get almost any color, but white. I don't know anyone who's used it yet in my area. I've never had good luck with white high heat paint, and that's why I went silver paint. It seems to hold up better.
    Vall

Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie ProMetalShop's Avatar
    I hope the white jet coat works , cause it would look really period correct....
    Thanks Steve
    ProMetalShop
    4431 Snydertown Road
    Danville PA.
    http://www.c10trucks.com/forums/

Seems like you can never know what to expect.

I bought a new set of ceramic coated Hedman headers for my SBC El Camino. Paid extra $$$$ for the coated ones figuring I'd finally get a set of headers I wouldn't be constantly messing with to keep them looking good.

After driving the car all Summer& put away for the Winter when Spring came the headers had started "pitting" along with rust all over the headers. Especially on the tubing nearest to the flanges.

I prefer the look of WHITE ..... which seems like the toughest one to keep looking right.

If someone has "white that works" I'd like to know.

I have found that for some reason "silver" seems to hang on the best. Used to have some silver I got from work that was used to paint steel around a industrial furnace. (1550+ degrees) which worked great. First used it on stock headers which I didn't even clean up at all.
    John "Milner"
    Hot Rod wife: Gina
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Street/Strip - Opel Gasser
    Those were the Days my Friend we thought they'd NEVER end ..... But they did !!!!
    johnd.pghpa@verizon.net

I'll make some calls and see if the ceramic coating companies offer white. Shoot, it might cost more than what i paid for the headers to do it though. And for it not work or not last would really suck. I guess we'll have to see.

Try Branden Enterprises p.o. box 511 feasterville PA 19053 215-327-4926. he has a white high heat paint thats great i used it on the exhaust on my Mack truck and it runs 10hrs a day threw rock mines and sand pits and it washes clean every time no chips! $20 a can..
    REAL MEN DRIVE GASSER'S

Quote Originally Posted by rivieragasser View Post
    Try Branden Enterprises p.o. box 511 feasterville PA 19053 215-327-4926. he has a white high heat paint thats great i used it on the exhaust on my Mack truck and it runs 10hrs a day threw rock mines and sand pits and it washes clean every time no chips! $20 a can..
    20$? Awesome! Thats right up my budget alley! I'll give him a call and see if he's ok shipping to Texas. Thanks for the tip! MAX

Quote Originally Posted by MAXFLO View Post
    20$? Awesome! Thats right up my budget alley! I'll give him a call and see if he's ok shipping to Texas. Thanks for the tip! MAX
    If it works I'll be ordering a can too! I wanted white, but none of it sticks well. I'd gladly have mine blasted off and paint again in white that sticks.
    Vall

Speaking of "white paint".

Makes me recall how we used to paint everything underneath the car & the inner fenderwells ALL white. It was a popular thing to do back in late '60's thru the muscle car era into the early '70's.

Haven't seen anyone doing it much today although I am sure someone out there has. I have seen some on-line photos from back then showing this "trendy" yet "short-lived" touch of things hot rodders used to do.
    John "Milner"
    Hot Rod wife: Gina
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Street/Strip - Opel Gasser
    Those were the Days my Friend we thought they'd NEVER end ..... But they did !!!!
    johnd.pghpa@verizon.net

Yeah we used to paint that red wedge on a black painted rear wheel too, to make it look like a race car!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread