Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Gasser fuel tank.

17K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  OpelGasser 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a gasser Moon or EElco type front 2 gallon or there abouts tank. I'm going to use it for coolant in my air to water intercooler though, not fuel. I was hoping someone had one collecting dust and wants it out of their way, 8^), heh. PM me here, e-mail me, or call me at 602-300-5556. I can't afford a new one at the prices they charge. Thanks everyone. Mark L

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Thanks for the offer Mac. But I want to use a traditional moon type tank. Otherwise it would work fine. I want the gasser look. And again thanks for all the welcomes guys. I plan to be a regular over here for sure. Mark L

#6 ·
Hey. I'm goin' down in history. The first sale/wanted item in the classifieds. WooHoo!!! Where's my prize????? Markus O'Firstious.

#15 ·
Hey there El O'Firstious.......... good luck finding a vintage real deal tank at a reasonable price. Prices on-line are way over the top..... usually $500 or more for a usable one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Moon-Eyes-Equipmet-Fuel-Gas-Tank-Willys-T-Bucket-Gasser-Hot-Rat-Rod-/400317938727?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d34cefc27&vxp=mtr#ht_1068wt_1186
A friend of mine has bought a couple of the ones sold on eBay. They are brand new ..... no character building patina, bumps or scratches BUT they are quite nice for the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/spun-aluminum-gas-tanks-with-extra-bungs-8x16-/270578592329?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item3effbdaa49&vxp=mtr#ht_694wt_1186

Comparable Moon Tank:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moon-Mooney...es&hash=item2a189e4f05&vxp=mtr#ht_1483wt_1016

He added a small Moon Eyes decal - tri-bar cap & made some old school looking brackets..... ALL for a fraction of what a beat up barely usable Moon Eyes tank sells for on-line.

#10 ·
Sorry but I have to say that that looks completely wrong and just terrible. You need to send it to me, yup, just pick it up, get a box, put my name on it, and send it. Real easy!!! Yea that is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to run an air to water intercooler and will use it for the water. This is a pic of the intercooler/heat exchanger/pump/water tank and how i installed it on my Trans Am. I took it off and installed an air to air just before selling it. The moon type tank will replace the little aluminum tank in the pic.

I'll keep a lookin'. They usually show up often but sometimes the owners are asking a little too much for them. Mark L

#11 ·
I'll keep a lookin'. They usually show up often but sometimes the owners are asking a little too much for them. Mark L
i found that one on ebay. it's got a dent in it, but that's just pitna to me. (the 59 Chevy grille is what is going to let it fit in it's place.)

#12 ·
I want mine to set right out in front so I want it in good shape. If I had the extra cash I'd buy a new one so it would be a all purdy and shiny-- but I don't want to pay what they're asking for a new one. Usually they pop up. Just gotta be there when they do. Gary that WILL be a great place and the '59 grille should look cool in there. Do you have a pic of the full car? Mark L

#20 ·
Years ago I bought a switch pitch torque converter/front pump assembly from a guy in northern WI. He popped up with a Moon tank and it was exactly what I needed. I'm running that Hilborn cam driven fuel pump and I needed a front tank to supply the pump. I was about to buy a Speedway tank and then have a plate welded on to run a Holley fuel bowl on it to set a level in the tank. Well this is what he had for sale. Do you think this is exactly what I needed????

It is exactly what I needed. I'll use a cheap Holley or equivalent electric pump from the rear tank to the Moon tank and let the fuel bowl set the fuel level. Should work out perfectly. Mark L

#21 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a store on Evil Bay and sell Eelco tank brackets and also have tanks and if I can sell off of of Evil Bay and not have to pay there fees I can pass the savings on to you..You can go to my store and look around if there is anything my gasser buddies might need feel free to PM me.I can send you pay pal bill or you can send a Postal Money Order.
http://stores.ebay.com/Our-Vintage-impressions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.